Page 1 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  chrome manifolds?

chrome manifolds?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 2490
replies 12
following 7

tony666   +1y
anyone know or can recomend someone that sells chrome manifolds and any other engine parts thats chrome? want to make my engine look sexy but dont know anyone who does it. its for a 2004 hilux, 4 cyl 2.7
kdcgrohl   +1y
You'd be best off pulling parts off your motor, or extras from the wrecking yard, and having them done. Not sure how far you are from Sydney, but heres a quick web search result:
yodaforce   +1y
Manifolds are very porous (like a lava rock) and are almost impossible to chrome or stay chromed. Most people go with a ceramic coated header (more durable and looks great, aside from performance benefits).
lux15m   +1y
rip it off and polish it. Takes time but it does improve it the overall look.
yodaforce   +1y
Polish? Wait a minute.... isn't it cast iron? Or did Toyota put out some cast aluminum manifolds I never heard about?
kdcgrohl   +1y
Intake, upper and lower, are cast aluminum.
yodaforce   +1y
Oh, INTAKE manifolds! Gee wiz, I thaught he was refering to EXHAUST manifolds! Usually I call an intake an intake, but that's on my side of the world. Heh heh.
shortyzkustomz   +1y
You could do it in Ceramic coating, the chrome ceramic we do at work looks pretty damn good, The Chrome powder coat looks bad in my opinion, I can powdercoat it any color you want though, and polish out the letters or something
n2bnlow   +1y
Chrome2Go.com will get your manifold, valve cover and anything else you want chromed from a junkyard, chrome them for you, and ship them anywhere. Be very clear what parts you want done and what make, model and any other information you can provide. They also have a core return policy. You can choose to send your core first, after you recieve your parts, or not at all. I used this company myself. Good quality chroming, at a great price. You can see my valve cover, and intake manifold on my profile.
n2bnlow   +1y
I'd say if you want to use that product, yes. The finish product is only as nice as whats under it. But in doing that, you're almost doing everything it takes to polish it out. Smoothing it out using heavy to fine grits of sand paper on various sanding equipment. Then buff it out using various compounds and different size buffing equipment. All of this can be done with more primitive tools as well. Blood, sweat and sandpaper. Its aluminum, so no matter what, it can be smoothed out, buffed, and polished to a shine. I'd polish it, then maybe clear coat it instead of fake chroming it.