Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  gotta a dillema maybe you guys can help

gotta a dillema maybe you guys can help

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 708
replies 6
following 6

badcoma   +1y
here's my problem i have a 2000 tacoma that has been put on hold for a while with a good 4cyl motor. and my 4runner i'm currently working on has a dying 22re. do i pull the motor from the taco and drop it in the runner and replace the taco motor with a 2jz, or do i rebuild the 22re motor to new?
what would you guys do?
lowboytrucks   +1y
ummm...put a 2jz in both
kdcgrohl   +1y
rebuild. lots of crap to change if you swap motors, everything on a 2rz and 3rz is mirrored on a 22r/e, clutch stuff, exhaust, etc...
badcoma   +1y
i'm not to worried about the small stuff to change i'm morre worried about hood clearance and modifying the oil pickup to a rear sump from a front sump.
i think i will just be rebuilding it.
yodaforce   +1y
Put a small block in the 4runner and roast the tires! Just kidding. Easiest fix is always to fix the stuff that needs fixing.
holcombe347   +1y
if you did all the rebuilt labor, you could rebuild it for around 600 bucks in parts and stuff. i remember seeing a rebuilt motor at advanced auto in ky in one of their brochure things for 1200... you just have to give them your core. its probably easier and cheaper to just rebuild it.
twisted minis   +1y
Rebuild the 22RE. They're bulletproof. And if you want performance, theres plenty of ways to make it. You can pull almost 200 horse on a street driven engine.
Page 1 of 1