threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  new guy here and new to the mini trucks....

new guy here and new to the mini trucks....

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 650
replies 4
following 3

infectious ways   +1y
well i bought my first mini truck about 4 week ago off ebay. Its 1986 sr5 yota extended cab with the 22rte and a 5 speed. The reason i bought the truck is so i would have something to drive while i finish building my f-150 and the bigger issue for gas mileage. I found the cat was plugged up so i cut it off theres no need for it on a turbo plus i didn't like the idea of it cooking my feet and i ordered a mass air filter adapter off ebay and went to advance auto parts and got a short filter for it and i put that on yesterday.

The yota has some issues... i know i have a vacuum leak its obvious but i have no clue here it goes cause i cant find a diagram that even has the part nor have i seen pictures of other turbo motors on here with it... My thinking that once this is fixed the miss i have might go away, i have new taylor wires ordered. When i got the truck it had the wrong plugs in it so i put the right ones in and it helped a little but it still pop here and there. Im going to change the fuel filter today see if that helps any.

and this may be stupid but how can i post a picture so you guys can help????
smctoy   +1y
The best way I think is go to photobucket.com & make you an account. You just upload your pics to that site & it creates all the codes/urls that youll need to post pics!
infectious ways   +1y
hope this works

[url=
thread post photo
:bl6jgb8d]
thread post photo

this is what im talking about i cant find this in any diagram or on another truck... does anyone know what it is? or where the hose goes from here

[url=
thread post photo
thread post photo

[url=
thread post photo
thread post photo
Post was last edited on Jul 19, 2008 06:07. This post has been edited 1 times.
patriotpop   +1y
Welcome to the Scene!!
infectious ways   +1y
thanks...well i replaced the fuel filter earlier toady and ill just that was fun and it still had the original one on it. Or at least i think it was the original one it had japanese writing on it and i tried to blow air through it at 100 psi and got probably 20 out of it. but it runs a lot better now but still have the miss and vacuum leak from hell
Page 1 of 1