threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  who on here has a chevy motor in their yota???

who on here has a chevy motor in their yota???

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1085
replies 7
following 7

framescr8pintoy   +1y
came across a 350..supposedly its a 383 with a th400 tranny. with a little clean up it would be pretty nice. question is what are some options for it to make it as small as possible.. since my truck is already zd and bodydropped and i just got my damn stock hood on. id hate to have to make a new hood to clear it. just looking for options on it. nothing has been definate ..
tommy b   +1y
i have a holden 253 v8 in my 4runner.
motors arnt that big, just need to stretch the tunnel a bit, plenty of hood clearance room. i guess a chev would be very similar
cycosquirrel   +1y
I HAVE A 88 IT'S A OLD SCHOOL SWAP . GOES RIGHT IN WITH LITTLE OR NO PROBLEMS!!!! VERY EASY!!!! BUT REPLACE REAR END WITH CHEVY...OUT OF O BLAZER4X4 SO HAS POSI. MINOR WORK TO MOVE SPRING PERCHS
THIS SWAP IS EASIER THAN CHEVY TO CHEVY SWAP !!! AND I HAVE DONE MANY OF THEM !!! AND I'M USING HEI LARGE CAP DIST. TURBO 350 TRANS IS ALL YOU'LL EVER NEED ! YOU NEED TO CHOOSE YOU RAD VERY CAREFULLY !!!! I'M USING A LAGE CHEVY RAD AND GOING TO A 31 X 27 ALUM SOON

THIS IS A DIRECT FIT JUST NEED MOTOR MOUNTS AND TRANS MOUNT DROP CROSS MEMBER THAT CAN BE ORDERED . DON'T KNOW WHY SOMEONE SAID STRECH TUNNEL??? I HAVE THIS CONV.AND DO THEM AT MY SHOP. WIRING AND A/C IS WHAT BECOMES A MESS !!!

NO HOOD CLEARANCE IF OR TUNNEL ISSUES BUT YOU ONLY HAVE ABOUT 1/2 INCH HOOD CLEARANCE WITH HOLLY CARBAND 4 INCH AIR CLEANER .

CHECK OUT MY TRUCK ON MY SPACE

MYSPACE.COM/CYCOSQUIRRELRACING
therapy   +1y
I have one in my yota..my pics are on streetsource under the same name as here..the only way to keep the stock hood would be to section the oil pan if can mine is stock and sits maybe and inch..my motor mounts are all hand made to get it as low as it is..
cycosquirrel   +1y

I HATE TO SAY IT BUT ITS NOT TRUE THEY MAKE A BOLT IN CROSSMEMBER
MY TRUCK AND 8 THAT I HAVE DONE ALL USE STOCK HOODS .PUT LINK TO PLACE THAT MAKES MY ENGINE MOUNTS AND CROSS MEMBER SET UP. I CUSTOM BUILD TRANS MOUNT . HAVE TOTAL OF TEN OF THESE RUNNING AROUND 2 OF MY OWN AND 8 CUSTOMS TRUCKS. LOOK AT MY MYSPACE PAGE HAS MANY PICS OF MY TRUCK AND WILL PUT CUSTOMERS TRUCK UP ALSO.BUT COULD BE A YEAR TO YEAR PROBLEM MOST TRUCKS I HAVE DONE THIS CONV TO WERE 87 TO 94 WITH NOT PROBLEMS AT ALL .PEOPLE MAKE THING ALOT HARDER THAN THEY ARE.

JUST STARTED BUICK 3.8L TURBO CONV INTO A 76 MINI COOPER NOW THAT ONE IS FUN !!! FRONT WHEEL DRIVE TO REAR WHEEL AND 4 TO 6 CYL TURBO AND A WHOLE LOT OF CUTTING...LOL

shortyzkustomz   +1y

How many of those were z'd and bodydropped with no clearance problems?

Im sure this is true, but he mentioned in his original post that his is already Z'd and bodydropped, That makes things alot different, Fitting a 4 banger under a stock hood bodydropped is fun enough, And depending on where the firewall was sectioned for the bodydrop there could be tunnel problems as well like someone mentioned above. The last Yota v-8 bodydrop I saw was doored and the valve covers came through the hood
Post was last edited on Oct 05, 2008 02:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
yodaforce   +1y
Trans-dapt makes the kit to do the swap(and even keep the Toyota tranny). Edelbrock makes a nice "very low-profile" dual plane intake manifold. Carbs are tall nomatter which one you go with, but the aftermarket fuel injection throttle bodies from Edelbrock and Holley are shorter and they are bolt on. Plenty of low profile air cleaners available. Shorter oil pans are available from Moroso.
As far as the rear end, the Toyota will handle alot. You'd have to be pushing over 400hp before there would be any real concern. You could go with a 10bolt GM. I would recommend something along the lines of an older Monte Carlo SS disc rear (they are ALL posi) and they are closer to the width you would need without narrowing.
macdave06   +1y
I'm in the process of putting an LT1 in mine. I know for sure I dont have any hood clearance problems, i think it might even be lower than the 4 banger. granted its not a carburated motor but I bet you could get it low enough. are you on stock floor or traditional bd?
Page 1 of 1