Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Help.. Big three upgrade questions

Help.. Big three upgrade questions

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 860
replies 4
following 3

slammedtoys   +1y
When i do the big three on my Toyota PU 94 where do i upgrade the ground to the Alt? I am looking at it and there is a spot where a plug goes into and a spot with a bolt. Which one do i upgrade the ground on??? HELP!
l o w n l o u d   +1y
The spot with the bolt should be the stock charging post, its the stock HOT wire to battery. The plug part is for the relay/switch and acc/turn-on. Your Toyota alternator should ground thru the engine black mount, meaning that on the passenger side there is a black cable that is you chassis ground to engine block, theres a stud right behind the water pump/timing chain housing on the bottom front of the motor. This is the cable you want to upgrade. The charging stud on the back of the alternator should be upgraded as well ( do not eliminate the existing cable ) Just add an additional larger gauge cable from that spot to the battery, make sure to ADD a new inline fuse on that NEW wire ( matching the alt/cabling max output ) - the fusebox should ideally be at least 6 " - 12 " from the battery. ALSO, upgrade the Battery to chassis ground wire ( runs from NEG to passenger fenderwell - short wire bout 8" - 10 " in lentgh ) this wire should match the cabling you replaced for the chassis to engine block. I would recommend at minimum 4 gauge for your grounds & power wires. I run 0 gauge now from my 150 amp H.O. ALT to battery, and 4 gauge grounds from BATT to fenderwell & chassis to engine block & chassis to cab floor stud for my AMPS. Need anymore help, hit me up, wired ALOT of vehicles. Goodluck !
hawaiian   +1y
Try this. Long post but lots of great info.

l o w n l o u d   +1y
Damn, we spent alot of time on that thread. . . Your right thou' great read, great upgrade, a must for anyone running high end audio or electronics, or a vehicle that needs more power without going broke. Hella glad I could contribute with the rest of the guys there. I swear by the BIG 3, always have the power . . . Great link BADLUX.

Slammedtoys - Hows it going? Got it figured out ?
slammedtoys   +1y
yeah i already had the 0/1 gauge running back to the battery so that was complete. I just have to do the engine ground. I already have the battery grounded to the frame using 4 ga. Just have not had time up until today thanks guys
Page 1 of 1