Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  wont start

wont start

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 826
replies 8
following 6

lowboytrucks   +1y
i cant get this dam thing to start it has power and when i turn the key it just clicks....i changed the battery the starter the relay amd still all it does is click when i turn the key. what the hell is wrong
kdcgrohl   +1y
you need starter contacts.
lowboytrucks   +1y
but i put a new starter in it
hlditdwn   +1y
Check your ground...I had the same problem and found that I didn't have a good ground. I just added an additional ground cable from the battery to the block and haven't had a problem since. If that doesn't work then you might be lookin at a new starter. Good Luck
mdevaneydesign   +1y
i had this problem to for a while.
it would have to click like 30 times and then finally turn over.
i checked EVERYTHING and got a new starter, battery cable, the works.

after dealing with it clicking for like 2 months none of the dash lights came on.
it might be your ignition switch thats what my problem was.
i havent had a problem since.
toyotrick   +1y
putting a part store platinum peice o crap remanufactured starter on my yota was the dumbest thing I ever did to it. I would take a used oem starter with new contacts any day.

but first check your power and ground cable connections and make sure your wires are not corroded under the loom/tape
lowboytrucks   +1y
well i am goin to check the ignition and i have a push button for a starter how doi wire it in
lowboytrucks   +1y
NEVERMIND thanks for all thie info gents it turns out i am a dumbass, i thought i checked the battery termanial but i guess i didnt....it was a bad negitave termanial
holcombe347   +1y
admitting is the first step to recovery... haha. glad to hear you got it worked out.
Page 1 of 1