Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  22RE to Turbo Conversion

22RE to Turbo Conversion

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1438
replies 2
following 3

$blinga$   +1y
Got a couple of questions due to the fact we never got 22rte's over here in Australia in our trucks.. We didnt even get the 22re.. We just got the cabie model..

What I'm asking about is what recommended specs I should be running..

I've converted mine to EFI.. It hasnt run on iyet.. I'm going to use a new engine management system such as a microtech or haletech computer to elimnate the afm and the other stock junk that isnt required..

What I'd like to know cause is..

What Boost I should be running with a intercooler with the high compression interals that come stock with the cabie 22r. I beleive 5 to 7psi. I'll be running a Garret T3 ar.42.

What injectors, ie bigger etc..

copper head gasket?

The LC engineering dual row cam chain conversion is worth it? Or is there another mod to do to combat the evil 22r cam chain destruction ( it was the death of my last motor)

Also if there is any quality turbo manifolds on the market with a T3 flange since the only one I can find is LC engineering stuff and they seem very expensive..

Also I have a A43D auto trans.. Is there any advice to beef it up? Torque converters or say running a bigger trans cooler to stop it from shitting itself too.. lol

Once I go through all this it should be a pretty fun truck to drive..

Cheers guys.. Thanks for your time.
tommy b   +1y
you got the 22re cam? i think i read thier different. i started down the turbo route with my 18rgeu. i turned away from it because of the need for a lot more work that i thought.

you could probably make your own turbo manifold, theres a few good tuts on the net and i think blackwoods stocks mandrel bent steam pipe for a manifold to be made more easily.

i not sure if you can beef up the standard auto, we get most our stuff from the 4x4 conversion market, they always reccomend the celica or supra 5spd, i got my celica box for 200bucks, it goes ok but gets a bit noisy when revving hard...the supra box blew up so i guess the auto wouldnt last heaps long.

sorry i cant help you anymore, run it thru google theres a fiar bit of info out there on the 22rte
Page 1 of 1