threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Running Dual Carbs???

Running Dual Carbs???

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 860
replies 6
following 4

sickyota 808   +1y
anybody running dual carbs... I got a question on the throttle cable...did you have to cut the throttle cable shorter for the linkage or can you route it a different way so no cutting is needed...
3tcrob   +1y
I run duals on my TC and just ran the cable over the top of the valve cover, On the truck you should be fine with it running over the VC, What carbs and manifold are you running?? You can also get a universal cable I had on on my Corolla and it worked no problem and it was cut to length and had a SS sleeve,
sickyota 808   +1y

sup 3tcRob, imma be running mikuni 40's w/ mikuni manifold... running the cable on top of the VC, did u had to make a bracket for that????
lotoy86   +1y
ive heard that you had to have a really hopped up engine to run dual carbs? is that true
sickyota 808   +1y

true in a way but u don't have to. you can just run dual carbs with a radical cam on a stock motor.. but for bigger HP u need to build a motor.
twisted minis   +1y
You can run smaller carbs. Something with smaller venturis than the stock carb. If somehow I could get around smog, I'd like to run some Rochester 2 bbl clones.
3tcrob   +1y

You can run them but you would have to get smaller jets on a stock motor,I have 44's now and ran them on my Corolla with a .510 lift cam and crazy work and it ran good as hell. I'm going to put the 44's on my truck running a TRD Cam and a LC header,or maybe a cheap header with header wrap for the oldschool hot rod look,You could run 40's no problems on a stock 22r
Page 1 of 1