Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  22re and 22re-t similarities

22re and 22re-t similarities

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 721
replies 2
following 3

2toneaccord   +1y
I have the 22re in my 95 ext. cab pickup. Now, Ive heard that the 22re-t exhaust manifold will bolt directly up to my block useing the longer studs off a 22re-t motor. Is this true? Im sure the motor will work in my truck using my stock motor mounts. Correct me if I am wrong. So, I was thinking. Rather than just swapping motors to a 22re-t which would be easier, by converting a 22re into the turbo edition, this would make more compression and more power because n/a vehicles generally make more compression. Also, would the fuel managment system off a 22re-t work with a 22re? such as injectors and what not. An easy upgrade for the 22re-t guys is useing factory turbos off of old gen. supras (ct26), and that off a ford turbo coupe. They use the same flange coming off the exhaust manifold the only downside is an intercooler must be added. Am I on the right track here? I need to know if this kind of junkyard setup can be utalized and done effectively.
phatboislim   +1y
dont know about the longer studs, but yea w/ everything else, everything is pretty much exchangeable. it would be advisable to keep the compression as low as possible b/c the turbo is a compressor, so the lower the compression the better more ability the turbo has to make better power
Page 1 of 1