Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  more power....?

more power....?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 980
replies 7
following 5

groundedwatts   +1y
aye guys...

what are some quick ways to get a lil more power out of the 22re?
i dont want it super quick or anything but just a bit more responsive...

thanks
m_i_zombie   +1y

More fuel, more fire and more air, It all really depends on what and how much a person wants to spend.

I personally feel the best route is getting rid of the stock 49lb flywheel and replacing it with a light weight one, helps tremendously in the perfomance area.
phatboislim   +1y
o rly..
truck action   +1y
Before getting my pro street engine from LC, I ran just their cam,rockers ,springs,& header , along with a K&N ,on my work truck. A big increse!
groundedwatts   +1y
werd...thanks guys, those are the kinds of things i was looking for.

im not a guru on engines or anything, so how hard is it to replace the flywheel?
m_i_zombie   +1y
Its not difficult at all, time consuming yes. Basically you pull the drive shaft, undo the transmission from the motor and lower it. Then you unbolt the clutch and pressure plate, Remove the Flywheel 6 bolts. The reinstall in reverse order. If you replace the flywheel might as well replace the clutch, presssure plate and the throwout bearing to while you have it apart.

Why is it time consuming?? Its more the simple fact that unless you have a lift your put in a rather ackword position throughout most of the changeover. The vehicle is only a couple feet from the ground and it seems you can never get in a comfortable position, at least for me anyways. Either its my arms are too long or I just tired of dirt falling on me.

After its all said and done it is a worthwhile decision to make and do after the first test drive. I feel the lighter flywheel is such an improvement is this; trucks have and never will be designed for speed. They are utility vehicles in every sense, nut and bolt. The motors and transmision were made for hauling. Low end torque= heavier flywheel. A lighter flywheel does not carry the inertia that a heavier steel flywheel will retain thus it drops RPMs quicker than a heavier flywheel will. Less energy spent, more horsepower is usable.
kdcgrohl   +1y
which weight flywheel would you recommend?
9, 12, 16, 30, or 35?
m_i_zombie   +1y
Your best bet is to call LC Engineering and talk to them to see what they recommend. A lot of it will depend on what you want to do with the truck, daily, drag race.....etc.
Page 1 of 1