Page 1 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  22r trans bolting to a 22re-t

22r trans bolting to a 22re-t

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 2150
replies 12
following 8

holcombe347   +1y
i might put a 22re-t motor in my 88 truck that has a 22r. the only thing is, is the 22re-t has an automatic trans and i would like to keep my manuel 4-speed if possible. will my fourspeed bolt up to a 22re-t motor? i think it will i read a thread about this but i just want to make sure it could work. if not will my rear end be okay with an automatic trans? driveline?
twisted minis   +1y
Yes, it will bolt up. Don't put the auto in, too much work for a tranny thats not that awesome. Plus gas mileage will be worse.
holcombe347   +1y
COOL, YEAH I THOUGH IT WOULD BUT WASNT 100% SURE. I DIDNT WANT THE AUTO EITHER I WOULD HAVE TO REDO PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING.
2pumpchump   +1y
Make sure you change the pilot bearing(it is at the rear of the crankshaft). The pilot bearings from an automatic trany are different than the ones for a manual trany. Have fun. Let us know how it turns out.
phatboislim   +1y
dang nice find man
2lowtoy   +1y
it wont fit...so i suggest that ya send me the 22rte and i will dispose of it for you .lol
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Yeah Im with draggin on this ...it wont work so if your in America I have the proper unit for disposal of it,and in Canada Draggin has the proper disposal for it.......I really would recomened proper disposal of it so the EPA wont get after you.....lmao
chuck6899   +1y
i also can help w/ disposal of it( Rodney charges for it, i wont) ROFLMAO
phatboislim   +1y
chuck..damn your cheap..ill pay you to dispose of it w/ EPA standards and whatever other bull crap lmao..

you dont need that engine..22re-t engines are for suckers lmao
chuck6899   +1y
actually been trying to get intouch w/ a friend of my wife's. her dad has a 86 supra parts car. who knows what kinda deal i can work out.