Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  22r cyl. head on a 22re block

22r cyl. head on a 22re block

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1092
replies 5
following 4

1lowryd   +1y
I have a 1990 pickup and it has a 22re in it. The cyl. head is cracked. I can get a 22r moter for nothing that is in great shape. can i switch the heads and bolt on my fuel injection the the 22r head or will they not work at all? The 22r is out of a 88 pickup i belive.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
yeah that will work all ya gotta do is remove the fuel pump lobe on the front of the cam and use the same rocker assy with the same cam dont mix and match.....
vegasyota94   +1y
you pimp
1lowryd   +1y
hey oldskl you said remove the fuel pump lobe on the front of the cam? but cant i just swap cams and i was planing on useing new valvels and springs and haveing new vavle guides put in. Before the head cracked and it was running the vavle train was making a ticking sound or a chatter similer to honda civics and some nissan pickups. It`s not gonna bug me if it is still their but while i have it off mine as well.
johnny5   +1y
hey man that chattering sound sounds like it could be the timing chain. that what it sounds like when its worn out. i just replaced mine back in january i put the lc enginering double row timing set on mine alot better than the stock single one
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Yeah you can swap cams I meant you must use the cam and the same valves that came apart....meaning if you use the efi cam use the efi lobes....if you use the carb cam use the carb lobes......the reason why is the lobes on that rocker assy burn into that cam and swapping them can have dangerous results......but you can use either cam ya want.Just make shure you adjust them to .8 on the intake and .12 on the exausht while its hot.....do like Johnny said since your in there do the timming chain and hell the oil pump ,since ya got it apart
Page 1 of 1