Page 1 of 3
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Ditching the ignitor and the coil

Ditching the ignitor and the coil

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 5863
replies 28
following 9

oldsklminitrk   +1y
Well I fianlly got to feeling better so I started on some work on the truck and got a Crane kit to get rid of my Ignitor and coil.ALso I got Taylor plug wires and Nology plugs so I can open the gap up to about .40.This is a pretty kick ass setup it looks way better and made a huge diffrence in the way the engine runs.Tommrow Ill get off my butt and try and finish cleaning everything and finishing up.
thread post photo

thread post photo
twisted minis   +1y
Sweet!
johnny5   +1y
hell yea im going to get the msd kit its also bad ass
oldskewlyota   +1y
me to msd that is!!! i cant think of anything better so i gotta get msd!!!!!
twisted minis   +1y
Where did you get your kit Rodney? I want to replace my stock ignitor with something nicer, but I'm not sure what to look for. I already have a new coil, an Accell. Would I be able to connect this coil to one of those ignitors?
3tcrob   +1y
I have MSD on my Truck and it is badass, Remember if you want to keep your ac the ac amp gets its tach signal from the ignitor so you will have to hook up the black ac amp wire to the tach signal on the MSD box
truck action   +1y
I'm planing on useing the same Crane unit, but LC told me I still need the ignitor,as it is the trigger??Whats up with that??
twisted minis   +1y
My truck didnt come with AC, so I don't have to worry about that.
twisted minis   +1y
Bump, Rodney? You're online right now.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Yes I am......anh my ignitor is gone....make shure you get the right box...there is a HI6s and a HI6.....dont get the s.....I think its a 6000-6440.....I got mine off of Ebay.....no Seth that box will burn that coil up....I got the LX92