threads
Page 1 of 5
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  any one done a chevy 350 small block swap?

any one done a chevy 350 small block swap?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 10341
replies 47
following 15

cable   +1y
does anyone know much about doing a chevy 350 small block in a toyota?
m_i_zombie   +1y
Fords are easier to swap due to the bottom of the block being narrower and the distributor is in the front( less firewall massaging)

hers a couple links to help with the swap

twisted minis   +1y
Fords are more expensive to build though... Get yourself an LT1. Badass motor in Camaros from '92-'97, and Corvettes '92-94'. I think. My buddy has one. Stock they make over 300 horse. With LT4 heads you'll make 350. The distributor is behind the water pump. Get an electric distributor and water pump, and you gain about 10 horse. There is also a top end kit for them, that guarantees 400 horse. You can get a long block from GM for $4000. Comlete with computer for $6000. Or just find a car with one and take everything.
Post was last edited on Jan 18, 2006 07:01. This post has been edited 1 times.
phatboislim   +1y
or why not just get an LS1 its lighter since it has aluminum heads...which means the truck would be a LITTLE more balanced as far as weight in the front and back, knowing that we have traction problems as of now...

on that note do we have the option of have post-traction on our trucks???
twisted minis   +1y
LT1's do have aluminum heads. My buddy has one sitting in his garage. The LT4s also had aluminum heads, but a much better flow design and a higher compression rate. The LS1 is too expensive. Plus, no one offers a stroker kit!
phatboislim   +1y
i dont want high compression just incase i get the urge to put a turbo kit on it...from a source ive been informed that the LS1 is lighter than the LT1
rubber ducky   +1y
the LT1 was only available from 92-97 cameros. 92-94 vetts. then the LS1 in 98- 2002. i know i used to have a 96 Z28 with a Six speed. buddy of mine has a 02 SS Camero. LS1 with LS6 ported and polished heads. Cam. bigger throttle body. ported intake and a suppercharger. he dynos 577 hp at the rear. its bad ass.
phatboislim   +1y
str8 up the only thing that keeps me from getting the LS1 is that i want to stay jap, i dont want to go american on da yota
rubber ducky   +1y
trust me, unless u want to spend a ton of money and rebuild or replace every thing from fuel lines, to axels, brakes, stay with the 4 bangers. u can spend the same amount of money on a 4 banger and come up with better results. when u start adding horse power in the 400 range. u brake shit and u can't get all of it to the ground. then u turn and look and the turbocharged 4cyl comes right by u waving. last truck was a 83 chevy. 406 CI small block. constantly breaking motor mounts, trans. mounts. 96 Z28 was clutches. 4x4 with 35' tires was drive shafts, u joints, rear end and hubs. now im back to a toyota 4 banger where i will stay.
flyinlo   +1y
I have an LT-1 sitting in the framerails of my 92 Toyota. I haven't wired it up and finished the install completely yet, but it's really not much heavier than the stock Yota motor. The 4L60E trans I have in mine is a lot heavier, but it's worth it to have an auto (no clutch mess to deal with).I moved my Firewall back and have to completely rebuild the tranny tunnel. The only drawback of the LT-1 over the regular SB 350 is the availability and cost of aftermarket parts for the LT-1. Regular SB 350 parts will not interchange. The flow is reverse on the LT-1. The biggest problem I have run into so far is finding headers that will work, but can't figure that out until I get my control arms from BYC and know exactly how much space I have to work with laid out.