Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  red line

red line

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1125
replies 7
following 4

low yota   +1y
can anyone tell me what a 22r red lines at? im tryin to figure it out cause ive found out about the engine in my new truck and it doesnt red line at the same rpm as my other truck did also dont know if it will affect red line but i have a performance carb and my engines been bored out 3mm over
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Well redline from what I have been told is about 6000 rpm LC engineering told me anything after that the engine loses power they seem to know what there doing so Id say that.
low yota   +1y
well im pretty sure it doesnt rev out at 6000 cause mine sounds like its gettin pretty high when it hits 3000 but it could be the fact that it has no muffler and a gutted cat
truck action   +1y
Red line would be around 6,000, this is not your shift point! 4,800 is what LC told me for my shift point on there EFI Pro Street engine
low yota   +1y
well i have a 22r which is the carborated version a fuel injected engine is a 22re so im not sure if it would be the same or not
86yota   +1y
i dont have a tach or a speeo. just listen to the motor. lol.
low yota   +1y
not always say you have an exhaust leak or something of that sort throws your ears off but i ve been shiftin at 4800 and thats been workin for me
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Yeah the 22r and the 22re should have the same redline of 6000.There basically the same engine to certain degrees.
Page 1 of 1