Supra engine swap

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 4599
replies 24
following 8

phatboislim   +1y
i want to do a supra engine swap in my 88 p/u anyone got any thought on this
3in2out   +1y
What kind of thought are you looking for? Its been done in Tacomas already, not sure about the older ones...
phatboislim   +1y
the first generation twin turbo setup with the supra 5spd tranny. im thinkin i may need a different/custom axle and rear end with the power itll produce. couple of friends i know around here are doin alota LS1 conversions in rx-7s and miata's and they r tryin 2 get me to go that route but i wana stay import f ya feel me
johnny5   +1y
i was thinkin of doin this in my 91 yota but its going to be a lot of work man, you will have to get new everything and push the fire wall back a little too
phatboislim   +1y
dang doin that almost makes me wana go to lc engineering and getting one of their engines that comes with a turbo cuz its nearly impossible to get a 22re-t
johnny5   +1y
e-bay man lol
phatboislim   +1y
believe me ive searched the hell outa ebay for one of those engines. da supra engine tranny ecu i found for under 2g's plus shipping i thinks dats pretty good especially considering its twin turbo under 50k miles
lux15m   +1y
i had done this 1jzgte conversion in my 92. Pulled it back out to push it back futher in the engine bay (cut the firewall, so i could hide the intercooler and use a larger radiator. its been done in OZ a few times, there is even one i know running a 2jzgte.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
I just so happen to have a 22rte laying around the house if your interested
johnny5   +1y
dude for how much? lol