threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Technical question?

Technical question?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1274
replies 7
following 4

oldsklminitrk   +1y
Ok I have recently purchased a Crane cams ignition system for the truck,What I have heard is you can remove your ignitor with this and run an afermarket coil.Now the fun part........the directions dont tell you how to do it on a Toyota and everyone now I ask says they dunno how to do it but know it can be done.LC Engineering wont tell me how to do it cause I didnt but mine from them,why 175.00 for it and I got mine for 85.00.Have any one of you done anything like this before and can offer a inside on it,
truck action   +1y
I,m going to use a Crane ignition also, on the advise of LC. They told me you still use the ignitor. Call Crane!
oldsklminitrk   +1y
See when I first contacted them they told me I could remove the ignitor and use this box in the place of it.....Yeah I think thats my best bet to call Crane.
loasian   +1y
I got the crane cam HI 6 CD Ignition on my toyota with the Fireball PS 92 coil. The Fireball PS 92 replace the stock ingitor. The orange wire is hook up to the coil + and the black wire hook up to the coil -
oldsklminitrk   +1y
So the ignitor stays in place .....cause I got the smaller HI-6S and the PS91 Ignitor, and the dual weber sidedrafts
loasian   +1y
I think the PS 91 is the same as my PS 92 which is an Ignitor and coil. So you wont need the stock ignitor.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Hey Von post me some details on how you hooked it up then cause LC is being a dick about it and not telling cause I didnt buy it from them and Crane says I have to use it.
unvmyʹyota   +1y
I am going to use crane ignition w/ fireball on my 89 I got my from L.C. still seat on my shelf in my garage I will e-mail them and see if I can get any more info I need that too .

hows your side draft I got 38/38 and other LC goodies on shelf waiting to be bolted on.

I'll let you know if I have better luck with LC

l8rl
Page 1 of 1