Page 1 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Fuel Cell?

Fuel Cell?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 2258
replies 13
following 8

whynotfab   +1y
Who here is running a fuel cell? If you are.. post your opinion. How hard was it to build id (if you built it) and do you know if its possible to use the stock sending unit..? Thanks alot!
truck action   +1y
Had a stainless tank made, using the stock flangles,so could use the stock pump bracket, (pump is a Venmon,20% more output),sender ( is Autometer),& fillerneck. Can't use a fuel cell for street in Ca. Find a good machine shop,mine cost $400, 12.5 gals,14ga. stainless!
whynotfab   +1y
I'd rather make it myself.. what do you mean the stock flangles though? just trying to learn some before ever attempting anything lol
johnny5   +1y
i used to have one but took it out i had an external pump on mine it ran just fine too lol
truck action   +1y
The flanges are the base that the pump plate & sender plates bolt to. Saves time as not to have to make them,cut from a donnor tank,grind down,& weld to new tank!
whynotfab   +1y
Id defintely do that then, would a steel fuel cell with gas tank coating on the inside be good?
baha   +1y
I have one on mine I glassed the stock fuel pump mount so I'm using the stock pump and gauge(sending unit) It's not that hard you can do it!
whynotfab   +1y
Yea, i wanna try once I get a little extra cash.. Ill be asking you a few questions around that time.. Ill need all the help I can get
truck action   +1y
Weld in ,gas breaks down glass! A leak is a fire waitting to happen!Stainless ,no rust,no sealer,stronger than reg. steel & aluminum!
Do it once & do it right!
dmlynlow   +1y
hell im just gonna buy one