Page 2 of 4
Yota Lowering \  got a "z" question

got a "z" question

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 2208
replies 34
following 12

twisted minis   +1y
An easy option that's simple to explain, would be to Z the front of your strut rod mounts the same way you did the frame. What I did recently, was basically the same thing, but I built a bolt on crossmember and welded them to that instead. I am having trouble finding pictures.
92yota   +1y
thanks for the pics baha. that helps a lot. and seth, now im thinking i should just go ahead and triangulate the lower arms and call it a day. i think it will look better that way anyway. what size tubing and bushing should i use to do that? and where's the best place to get bushings?
twisted minis   +1y
I usually use 1.25" .120 wall, and a 1.75" OD bushing about 2.5" wide. I use Prothane bushings (little softer than ES). I get them through The Suspension Co. in Modesto CA.
2damlo   +1y
i just have one question why does everyone z there frame what advantage is it to do it
stll2hi   +1y
Actually....that's two questions. Sorry.... Necessary to lay frame on big wheels. At least that's what I was told.
baha   +1y
The main reason is you have to Z the frame atleast 1.5" to lay flat frame on an 89-94 model. I'm not sure about other years. I haven't tested with anything bigger than an 18 with a 25.7" diameter tire but there's still room to play so I'm sure you could run a 20" wheel and lay after the Z.
stll2hi   +1y
This is true. I layed flat frame with about an inch of a "z" on a 20" rim with 35 series tires.
2damlo   +1y
lol sorry bout the two questins. so u are sayin u have to do it if u run a 18 or bigger to lay flat frame. i just thought u had to redo the trans crossmember cause it hangs lower in the front right. just askin questins
92yota   +1y
you have to z the frame to lay flat regardless of wheel size. the crossmember under the engine hangs below the frame, just like the trans crossmember, so it has to be moved up.
2damlo   +1y
you dont have to z the frame to lay out u just have to make a new trans crossmember my bros isnt zd n his lays flat