Page 1 of 4
Yota Lowering \  got a "z" question

got a "z" question

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 2203
replies 34
following 12

92yota   +1y
i tried searching, but where is the best place to cut when dropping the front part of the frame back down? and does this interfere with the strut rods mounting to the frame? pics would help too. thanks.
smctoy   +1y
Go to Seth's site at: . Youll have to register, but its got a section where it shows you how he did a Z on a Toyota.
92yota   +1y
thanks, i checked that out. but the front strut rod mounts wouldn't come up with the control arms, right? or does it not matter?
smctoy   +1y
When you Z the front everything will move up with the front clip...so youll be fine.
92yota   +1y
ok, i thought the strut rods mounted to a crossmember at the very front of the frame, that would move back down with the bumper...but your saying there is room between the two that i would cut at, so the strut rods would move up?
smctoy   +1y
Damn bro...I dont know what I was thinking!! I so forgot about that...shit. Im going to email Seth right now & see what he suggests on this. I know there is something you can do if you still use the front strut bars cause a friend of mine used his when they body dropped his truck.
baha   +1y
Just measure 1.5" from the core support body mount and you'll be fine.

Note this isn't the finished product but you can see the measurements, and where the cut is.

post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
Oh and I forgot to mention you can still mount them to the frame but you may need to trim the mounts and reinforce them. The mounts them selves bolt to the frame so you can unbolt them out of the way to make it easier on you.
smctoy   +1y
Thanks for posting that info bro... I totally forgot that you were doing this type of project as well too!!
baha   +1y
no problem I should have a lot of info to help answer questions, but the more sources of information the better!