Page 8 of 10
Yota Lowering \  a arms

a arms

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 7245
replies 97
following 20

twisted minis   +1y

I tried anti-seize. They still backed out after driving on them. I've had red loctite on them for a while, and I changed my upper balljoints for ones with a Zinc plated top to get rid of the stainless covers, and they came out just fine. I also tried blue loctite, and they backed out with those too. Red was the only way I could keep them from vibrating loose. There may be another way, but I have exhaust every other option, and red seemed to work fine.

I also don't know what proper torque specs would be, because I can't find specs on the balljoints.

I talked to one of the representatives at Fat Man about what they do, and they said they recommend red loctite before install. Or, just backing them out about 2 threads after install, and using green loctite. I like the idea of green better since it is less "permanent" so I will try that next time.
lilheed   +1y
did you get the uppers started yet?
truck action   +1y
CanDo all the way,do it right or don't do it!!
truck action   +1y
Have to say anything that Seth makes is also doing it right!!
2manyyotas   +1y
i love the arms seth!!!!! my only problem is the price. if they are competivly priced with cando then personally i will buy cando (just because of looks not quality) im sure both are of the up most quality and strength. i just believe if you want more sells you may need a slightly cheaper alternative than cando's arms

just my 2 cents
smorrison1   +1y
I will be buying these from you as soon as i have the money available hahaha, well and provided you are selling them. those arms are crazy sick.
twisted minis   +1y
Thanks man. I will probably have uppers and lowers for sale next month.

I understand this. But at the price to produce, I can't offer a price thats much lower than his. His are cheaper to produce in the end, and I have a lot more welding time in mine. I could make the Cando style arms, but I don't want to rip off Steves arm wether it is his design or not (he improved the design). But I am not comfortable with putting a lower control arm in single shear, after seeing so many MII built the same way fail. I am also going for the easiest install.
dhpmike   +1y
I had sold many sets of arms made just like the Cando arms. In fact I made those way before them.

I never seen any shear a grade 8 bolt. I have seen the 1/2" grade 5 bolts bend and eventually break.

I jumped up to grade 8 bolts and also jumped 9/16" bolts as well and that seemed to have solved it.

I dont see any issues with the single shear unless the truck is a race truck.

anyone buying parts like this needs to understand that DOM tube has went up to about 4 times the price it was just 2 years ago.

plus the time to make fixtures, test and rework parts. parts like this dont make much money at all.

good luck twisted on these man.
twisted minis   +1y
Thanks Mike.

I'm sure the single shear is strong enough, and I haven't heard of any Cando arms failing. But I have seen it a lot on MII setups, and those are much more common. Its just a concern I have.
dhpmike   +1y
When I made my first Toyota arms they were just like that for the same reason. I didnt like the single shear myself. I jumped up to 9/16" bolts and I think those are strong enough.

I do like the idea however of double shear and not having to worry at all about them.