Page 1 of 2
Yota Adjustable Suspension \  Bagged Question

Bagged Question

Yota Adjustable Suspension Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 999
replies 16
following 6

shaggy_tacoman   +1y
Ok i have a 90 yota and in the near future im going to getting it bagged then later down the rd im going to get it body drop. The reason im asking about the bags is because i have heard the frame has to be z'ed to lay frame i know about tranny crossmember that i needed. Now im new to the bagged world and ive helped a few ppl with theres but what does it meant the frame has to be z'ed? Im just wanting to know everthing that is going to have to be done to Lay frame in my truck and if i need spindles. I think rims wise im going to go with some 17s maybe bigger im not sure yet.
yodaforce   +1y
Z = cut frame in front of the cab/firewall, raise it up to clear the front crossmember (with the frame on the ground), then cut the front frame horns and drop them down the same diff. so you can mount the radiator support, and front end. You are essentially raising the front suspension, motor, and crossmember.
shaggy_tacoman   +1y
got u i wasnt sure about that my friend is the one that is going to help me so i figured he would probly know how to do it i just wanting to know what it meant
baha   +1y
The frame will need to be z'd atleast 1" (I z'd mine 1.5" because I'm going to plate the engine crossmember) and the transmission cross member will either have to be raised or replaced. Once this is done if you want to make sure it lays flat you will need to cut where the factory cross members over lap the frame rail on the bottom. That joint will make the rails stick up around 3/16 of an inch.

Check out my build thread
baha   +1y
baha   +1y
Sorry here is the link, I posted all my pictures in this thread.

shaggy_tacoman   +1y
yea i went to the link nice write up ive been talking to a buddy and he knows how to do it without really having to z the frame so when we start on it ill be posting pics of it
stll2hi   +1y
I still can't get over that original z Baha.....BRUTAL!!
shaggy_tacoman   +1y
well i talked to my friend yesterday and confirmed that it doesnt have to be z'ed to do it he said zing is a option but he said this way works just as good
yodaforce   +1y
What way is that?