Page 1 of 1
Yota Audio Video \  Wiring 2 compressors

Wiring 2 compressors

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 780
replies 6
following 4

layedout72   +1y
Can you use solenoids rather than relays to wire compressors? I have 2 480s and just wondering..

If not, does anyone have a diagram for 2 compressors?
baha   +1y
As long as it is rated for the amps, what compressors, and solenoid are you looking at?

Don't want to start a fire
baha   +1y
my bad missed the 2-480s

19amp draw a piece so it needs to handle 38 amps

I would just run one of these, this is what I had on my old set up worked great. I can't remember the amp rating but I used this on 2 -380s

Square D Pressure switch
layedout72   +1y
I already have a PS from my old setup but the guy wanted to use a solenoid or 2 (not sure) since it's 2 bigger compressors or whatever. If it works I don't care, just double checking things.
twisted minis   +1y
When I do two compressors I just use one Stinger 80 amp relay. They are $20.

A solenoid needs to be rated for constant duty to handle compressors. Most starter solenoids people use are not, which is why some of them last a while and some don't. I thought about using a constant duty solenoid, but after pricing them out, they where like $45 and up. Wasn't worth the price to me since I could do it with a relay that cost half as much.
truck action   +1y
I run 2 380's , controlled by Air Lifts Auto Pilot, use 2 -30amp relays each fused @ a distribution block. Never had a problem with! The Auto Pilot is powered @ all times, & fused & straight from the battery,due to a memory.
layedout72   +1y
thought about just buying that set up for wiring 2 compressors like Kris at AVS sells for like 70 bucks. Up to the builder really what he feels better doing I guess.
Page 1 of 1