Page 1 of 1
Yota Audio Video \  Window rattle

Window rattle

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 861
replies 4
following 3

blownap   +1y
Well i just replaced my driver side window regulator, now my window cranks up and down very nicely.

but I am having a rattle problem when the window is rolled down, and I shut the door, I can hear what sounds like the window hitting something inside the door.

I installed everything correctly, 3 bolts by the crank, 2 bolts on the stabilizer, and the 2 bolts holding the window to the regulator........

any ideas would be great......

thanks
-Nate
yodaforce   +1y
There are adjustments inside the door, two felt covered tabs that are bolted to the inside top of the door shell. Not sure what year you're working on, but most cars and truck use the same or similar setup to keep tension on the glass.
blownap   +1y
I'm working with an 89 yota, the truck has almost 450k. So I am assuming these tabs must be pretty worn......

thanks for the tip
blownap   +1y
I tried looking for these tabs but did not have any luck, do you know the exact location on a 89 yota?
nismorgan   +1y
i just replaced the drivers side reg in my 88 and the only thing i can think of when its rolled down is the weatherstripping on the ends of the door, like the front and back side...there's a strip that goes down almost the whole height of the door that could be worn causing it to move around alot...not sure if its different with the 89's but hey, its worth checking out
Page 1 of 1