threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota Audio Video \  In the DARK NEED HELP!!!!!

In the DARK NEED HELP!!!!!

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 730
replies 9
following 5

infectious ways   +1y
the dash lights arent lighting up...........

okay yesterday afternoon i installed a stereo in my yota (didnt have one when i bought) i ran new speaker wire to all 4 speakers, re wired the constant hot, igniton hot, and ground. was i supposed to wire up the brown with red stripe wire to something cause the radio works great... the idiot lights, headlights, and taillights light up to

your help will be appreciated this is my first yota im a ford guy
infectious ways   +1y
and no its not the dimmer!!!!!
zip tyd   +1y
Check your fuses.
infectious ways   +1y
okay its cooking 15 amp fuses but i cant find why put a new one in flip the light switch and snap i dunno i checked my connections where i wired up the radio and nothing looks wrong i checked for hot wires that werent supposed to but i didnt find anything
zip tyd   +1y
Well...if your cooking those. Try putting a bigger one in. Like a 30amp. That should do the trick. Maybe your new system is wanting more juice.
l o w n l o u d   +1y
Whats the constant wire supply hooked to ( what ( 15 amp circuit ) ? When I wire my systems, I always wire off of a designated ( blank/new ) supply, I NEVER add them to a stock harness ( think upgrade and isolation Itsa good thing ) Plus, consider this, you add a new stereo to and existing circuit wire, blow 15 amp fuses and then start putting in bigger fuses, soon you exceed your output of your wire and risk burning wire. If I were you, Run a new constant power wire to the battery witha ring terminal, and then wire the turn--on wire to an ignition source ( so it can turn on and off ) & whatever you do ( seen this 100 times ) DONT hook up the power antennae wire to the constant, youll fry sh*t. Overall simple fix, ditch the stock crap and isolate and upgrade, add a simple fuse ( rated for your stereos draw & matching wire capacity ) and your good to go, no burnt wires, stereos, egos or truck. Lemme know if you need more help man . . .
phatboislim   +1y
check grounds first, then if your grounds are fine do as zip tyd suggested
holcombe347   +1y
sounds like your over drawing off that circuit. the head unit in my toyota gets its power from the cigarette lighter and it does fine. i just wedged the wire in with the fuse. i was a afraid to cut wires in my dash and splice them at the time. haha..
infectious ways   +1y
i talked to low n loud last night on yahoo
i checked my ground they checked good
then i made jumper from the battery to the constant hot to the radio still popped the fuse so it had nothing to do with the radio with close inspection of everywhere my hand were i have found that something is wrong with the cigarette lighter cause the fuse only pops when its plugged in. the other thing is that the wiring diagram in the haynes book i have does not match the wirring period
constant hot is a blue w/ gren stripe
ignition hot is gray
ground is green which it should be
i also found a harness tucked up in the ac control that appeared to connect to the switch that has the antenna symbol with up and down rocker switch and it has two red with green stripe wires and of them have been cut and taped apart from each other and i found both to be hot
Post was last edited on Aug 01, 2008 01:08. This post has been edited 1 times.
infectious ways   +1y
dont ever put a bigger fuse in something has a designated amp rating you will have a fire on your hands then. fuses are there for a reason if they pop there is a problem so adding more amperage to a circuit creates more current to flow throw something that not designed to handle it thus creating overload which causes a fire i've seen it too many time and almost died from someone dumb*ss doing that
Page 1 of 1