Page 1 of 1
Yota Audio Video \  Grant Wheel

Grant Wheel

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 834
replies 6
following 5

oldsking   +1y
Ok so I ordered my grant wheel and the adapter came in today so tomorrow I should be able to tackle this project.

Concern, I don't think it has one because nothing says so, but a 1993 toyota doesn't have an airbag does it? How can I check?

Also, how hard is it to take the steering wheel off? Never done one on this before, plenty of G-body cars and GMC trucks but no toyotas for me haha I'm hoping this is a quick project to knock out before work.

Thanks!
l o w n l o u d   +1y
93 toyota pickup doesnt have an airbag. To my knowledge it wasnt offered until the pickup/hilux became a tacoma. on every airbag equipped car/truck there is usually a logo either embedded on the vinyl or leather that says ( airbag ). You can buy a steering wheel puller for under $20 or you can do it oldschool and just lock the steering wheel ( like when you turn it off ) and with the nut removed, pull the wheel towards yourself while gently rocking it back and forth ( well, sometimes you can be a lil rough with it ) CAUTION, dont hit yourself in the face with the wheel, hurts like hell ( Ill admit it, Ive done it, and I know there are a few others who have, but, Im sure theyll never admit to it ) Ive never used a steering wheel puller ever, seen it done, seemed lika waste of time to me . . .
t.o.sid   +1y
just to make sure you dont hit yourself in the face with it, back the center nut off all but like 3-4 threads so it will act like a stop if it pops off the steering shaft. i did the and saved my nose from being broken.
ghosthippo   +1y
Where did you get your adapter? I've seen them on ebay but not sure of the quality... anyways, check your PMs oldsking!
uselesstoy   +1y
ordered my adapter from advance auto, took a day. pullers a really easy and save some frustration. the whole project should be pretty easy, the hardest part may be getting your horn to work.
oldsking   +1y

says my box has no new messages! lol

Yeah I got my adapter from advanced auto, it's the grant model adapter so it's not that cheezy. I've used these for years and never had a problem. I wanted a billet one but I don't want to spend to much on a single part right now haha I have one on my Oldsmobile and it's shiney

thanks for the warnings guys! I'll have some post up pics today before i head out to work if I can
l o w n l o u d   +1y

Now thats using your head I tell ya, Like I said happened to me once, but, never again, LOL . . .
Page 1 of 1