Page 1 of 1
Yota Audio Video \  interior questions

interior questions

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 717
replies 3
following 2

nismorgan   +1y
hey guys, i have a couple questions to ask before i start rippin stuff apart, i have an 88 pickup, and first off, my window regulator on my drivers side is pretty messed up, it dosnt close all the way due to a broken tooth, and now the middle is getting messed up and i have to pull the window up to crank it. I took off the door panel, and that looks really hard to get to...how am i supposed to change it out when i can barely see it? any tricks to it??

and...a light in my dash went out, half of my dash lights up, and at night i cant see how much gas i have without whippin out my cell phone and using that as light. how do i take off the dash to change out those bulbs??
sd yota   +1y
the window regulator is fairly easy to take out. do you have a solid window or the one with a wing window? the single one, i just took out the 2 bolts that hold the bottom of the window to the regulator off, then removed the 3 retaining bolts that hold the regulator in place and slide out the regulator through the bottom opening of the door....

as for the dash, there are 3 lights that light up your display. you'll have to remove all the little screws that hold the dash cluster in. i think there should be about 8 of them..... 1 on the side when you open the door, 3 under the top of the dash plastic, and 4 under the lower portion of the dash..... i might be off a few screwxs but just take a look....... should be pretty simple. once you get the left portion of the dash out, there will be 4 screws holding the cluster in on each corner. take those out. then, you'll need to remove the speedo cable.... you simply push on the plastic lock and pull out........ its easier if you look at it through the windshield.... after that, the 3 bulb sockets will be behind there and you just twist em off 1/4 turn.
nismorgan   +1y
wow, thanks alot with the dash, thats gonna be alot of help for this week when i rip it apart. and for the window regulator, im not sure what you mean when you say the wing window or not. all i know is that it looks like every other window out there lol. also when i look for new regulators online, they keep asking whether or not i have a "vent" window. im pretty sure this is refering to the little black vents towards the back of the window (i dont even know whats thats for btw). is that what the "vent" window is??
sd yota   +1y
no, the vent window type looks like this....

note the little window circled in red. that is the vent or "wing" window..

the 1 peice window extends all the way forward and there is no divider.
Post was last edited on May 05, 2008 04:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
Page 1 of 1