Page 1 of 1
Yota Audio Video \  86 Turbo Runner

86 Turbo Runner

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 928
replies 7
following 3

dirtbiker   +1y
Well I bought this truck because I missed my 4wd, I have to get rid of the '82 soon if I wanna keep this. When I have enough money to afford 2 vehicles I think im gonna get another 2wd. So...

thread post photo

thread post photo

It has a digital dash if anyone wants pics of that, I think someone mentioned that a while ago. Right now I'm working on the head gasket/ timing cover stuff because the previous owner was an idiot, at least it was a fair price I guess.

I have a Rockford Fosgate P3 500rms watt sub and orderd an amp like 5 minutes ago, and I want to know if i should run a cap on this. Also is 8ga. from the battery enough or should I go with 6 or 4ga.? What size fuse?
holcombe347   +1y
thats a good lookin 4runner. because of the distance, i would run at least 4 ga. plus if you ever decide to go bigger its there. a capacitor would help with sound quality but i think you could get by without one.

im running a 700 watt amp with 4 ga. to a memphis audio 10" mclass sub and it does fine with no problems. the dash and door speakers run off the head unit.
dirtbiker   +1y
where do you fit all that in your truck? lol.

K then, ill go get some 4 gauge, and if my lights dim to much ill go gat a cap for it.

Thanks
zip tyd   +1y
I had two p3's, and two 600x1 mono block amps in my Tacoma. I ran and a 1 farad cap. with 4 gauge. That thing could stop a heart. It pounded so hard....oh yeah....I also had the subs in a ported box. If that helps any.
dirtbiker   +1y

dude, i know what you mean, i knew a guy that worked at an audio store and he had the same setup, if you were in traffic he could be 10 cars behind you and you'd think it was the one next to you. When he drove next to me my mirrors rattled more that when i had my smaller sub in it, its so loud you cant even think. Ahhhhhhh.

Maybe im going to have to get a second one. lol.
holcombe347   +1y

the sub fits behind the passenger seat and the amp sits behind the driver seat. the box is running about .25 cuft. less than what it should have but it still beats pretty good for a single ten.
thread post photo
holcombe347   +1y
oh and the 60/40 seat i have helped a lot too... i could push the seat forwar another inch and lean it back further. its pretty comfortable. also, my 88 has a little more space behind the seat i believe then your year. seth had the problem of fitting subs behind his seat until he found the slim mount subs.
dirtbiker   +1y
Sick. Ya there is definetly more room in there.
Page 1 of 1