Page 1 of 1
Yota Audio Video \  4-runner seats ftw?

4-runner seats ftw?

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 1552
replies 9
following 5

shep   +1y
OK guys, I'm looking into replacing my 60/40 bench. Really just looking into easy options right now, and I'm seeing the 4-runner buckets as the ultimate "easy" solution.
A few questions for those of you "in-the-know":
1. What year 4-runner buckets will bolt right up (I have 8 total bolt holes for the split bench)?
2. Is there any particular year range that is "better" - or is the seat style pretty much the same for the years that fit?
3. I also found a few posts that mention some Saturn seats and maybe even Fiero seats bolt right up...any more information on those?

Thanks guys. I'm also checking with some local upholstery shops to see what it would take to get the split bench re-covered in leather, so I may still do that instead...

thanks in advance...
no1lowr   +1y
if you are going 4 runner you should just keep the 60/40. go with a civic or integra style bucket they usually bolt up to the 2 front bolts then the back you just hammer flat and make a new bolt hole. this is what i reccomend, the 4runner seats look like a toyota bench but not, lol. if the thing you want is for it to be easy then i suggest keeping the bench you have, if you dont mind putting in like 4 hours of work to get some nice buckets installed then its not worth doing. good luck.
laidout94toy   +1y
Word, get some honda buckets and bolt um to the floor! Mine need to be re-done cus they are from an 1989 Honda CRX
://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/laidout94toy/IMG_0008-1.jpg
shep   +1y
Ah, so I'm guessing the 4-runner buckets aren't the sportiest/prettiest things around?

I don't mind spending 4 hours on it, for sure. I just don't want to end up with a seat that rocks from side to side...or won't slide back & forth...or won't hold me in place in an accident... Oh yeah, and I don't want to fight with the wife for spending more time in the garage than I do with her & the 3 kids... hehe

Sounds like you guys are basically telling me to buck up and do a little work so I can put just about any seat I want in there?
holcombe347   +1y
yeah thats about it. i have a 60/40 bench split in my truck and i love it. all i really cared about was that i could lean the seat back more. i always though people put in bucket seats because they didnt want a solid bench seat or because they needed to get a seats that sit lower to the floor board to help with clearence issues witha traditional bodydrop. if you have a 60/40 split in your truck, if it were me i would just get it recovered. it has an arm rest too doesnt it? the one i have does, it makes for added comfort.
phatboislim   +1y
sitnlow4life has 4runner buckets
phatboislim   +1y
but if you're like me, you would do this too

shep   +1y

Yep, it's got an arm rest... It's just in bad, bad shape (see my other topic in this forum about my new carpet for pics). If I can get it recovered with some nice leather, I'd probably go for that. I just know that katzkin doesn't make a kit for it (I asked 'em already), so I'll have to go custom...$$$.
shep   +1y

What's the install like on the Integra seats?

Just got a quote from an upholstery shop to do the bench & the rear jump seats in leather...$1100...
phatboislim   +1y
fairly simple. one of the mounting tabs on the seats you have to straighten out. and you will need nuts bolts and washers, as only one of the mounting holes will line up. so you will have to drill new ones. about an hour, two hours at the most
Page 1 of 1