Page 1 of 2
Yota Audio Video \  First mod

First mod

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 1982
replies 10
following 8

w8   +1y
Managed to make it to the junkyard this past weekend. Found 2 Toyota's, both were picked pretty clean. But one still had the instrument cluster. I noticed it looked just like the one in my 89. This one was in a 93. But the guages had a much better design. So I removed it and took it home. Last night, I finally got around to swapping out the temp and gas guage. I know this isn't as extensive a mod as most of you do, but we all have to start somewhere.
lotoy86   +1y
cool hey anything to make it look cleaner is good
holcombe347   +1y
HELL YEAH DUDE, LOOKIN GOOD. ITS THE SUBTLE MODS THAT GO A LONG WAY....THE MODS I LIKE ARE THE ONES THAT NOBODY WOULD NOTICE REALLY UNLESS THEY KNEW ALOT ABOUT TOYOTA'S. I THINK YOU CAN GET WHITE FACE GLOW GAUGES OFF EBAY FOR THAT YEAR PRETTY EASY... JUST SAYIN INCASE YOU WANTED THEM.
twisted minis   +1y
WTF, my speedo only goes to 80?
w8   +1y
Thanks, I also agree. I like the subtle changes that only a true enthusiast would notice. Went through the glow guage phase with the Focus I had. What a waste of money. Back in 1980, a truck was meant for doing work. Speed wasn't an issue.
johnny5   +1y
mine goes to 110 but i've gone 125 lol
holcombe347   +1y

lol, ive tapped 115 in mine. with a 4 speed it sounded like the fuker wanted to blow up...it was spinning close to if not at red line. i just got my hands on a 5 spd i plan on puttin in it in the next few weeks.

but yeah my speedo only goes to 110 too.
phatboislim   +1y
i love topping out my dash lol
draggin87yota   +1y

haha hell ya man i done that a couple times too truck sounds like its gunna die,then i went down to 100 and thats when the sparks flew,got kinda scary cuz road had sum badspots lol
limon   +1y

i actually want to get the double gauge like the sr5 n 4 runners. my shit broke so i don't know how fast i'm really going....