Page 1 of 2
Yota Audio Video \  what to do with door lock knobs

what to do with door lock knobs

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 1729
replies 10
following 9

uselesstoy   +1y
ive been wondering what to fo with the manual lock at the top of the door since i have shaved handles. since ive shaved the doors a while ago ive just had the stock knob glued in the locked position and i think thats kinda dumb, just wondering what you guys do with it.
johnny5   +1y
take them out
no1lowr   +1y
make a filler and weld it up.
twisted minis   +1y
I shaved the hole up on mine.
kdcgrohl   +1y
moved mine to the front
itfell   +1y
mine are shaved, no real purpose if you dont have an outside door handle, unless someone finds your hindden switch for the solenoid. I like the way kdcgrohl moved his to the front of the doors, always could do that and just put another solenoid inside with a metal rod to lock and unlock the door. Use the solenoids that push and pull
uselesstoy   +1y
did u guys shave the lump that surrounds the knob or just the hole? because i think that lump would look dumb with out a lock there. but is it worth the extra work to get rid of ?
holcombe347   +1y
i just took mine out...i left the bezzle but pulled out the thing that moves up and down. the hump isnt really distinct on my truck so it doesnt bother me at all....if i ever shave up the hole (which ill do one of these days) i would leave the hump there and just fill the hole.
itfell   +1y
I took a screwdriver to my bezel, cracked it right off because there is no use for it, There was just a small little hole the diameter of the lock that moves up and down, just made a filler piece and now its all smooth
flyinlo   +1y
I think it would look pretty cool to use the factory lock mechanism to manually open the doors from inside and shave the pulls off the door panel. Probably wouldn't be hard to do to just make it so that when you push it down the door opens.