Page 1 of 1
Yota Audio Video \  glassin the dash

glassin the dash

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 1416
replies 8
following 5

draggin87yota   +1y
iight so im in the middle of glassin my dash n shit,but im stuck now.i glassed the vents and now im puttin my flipout in the spot of the two middle vents.im goin to make a braket type thing for it,but i have to cover liike 2inchs,wut shud i do,cover that hole and then glass it or sumthin or wat?and its all gunna be smooth n painted,ive heard of sum people jus covering it with fleece n then paintin it,will that work?or shud i glass that too
?
holcombe347   +1y
i thought people just glassed over it entirely and then cut the hole back in the dash for the head unit to fit..... but i may have mis understood you.
draggin87yota   +1y
ya,when i 1st did it,i put fleece over it then put fiberglass over it,this guy told me thats how he did his,not sure if i needed the fleece but it came out ok.now i decided to cut the center up for the head unit,but im not sure if i need to glass it only or wat.im guessin jus fiberglass it over once im done right?
yotakid94   +1y
hey man, im in the process of smoothin my dash an all im doin is sanding it an throwin some primer on it an its mad smooth lookin
draggin87yota   +1y
ya thats wat i did for the rest of my dash but im shaving the veents and puttin my head unit in the dash so i fiberglassed the whole dash.now if im not mistaken i get filler n fix all the imperfections right?
yotakid94   +1y
honestly idk, im kinda new at doin this, but yea that sounds about right
phatboislim   +1y
yea im pretty sure thats what u do draggin87...get filler to smooth out the imperfections
uselesstoy   +1y
sand as much as you can then use filler. dod u use the woven or random matte? the woven is much easier to get smooth but not as strong as random. id only use fleece fo a speaker box or building a whole dash(way to much sanding to get it to the finishing stages.)as for the vent just finish trhe lassing and cut out with a dremel or something. obviously youll need a braket in back to hold the flip out in, but it shouldnt be too bad.
draggin87yota   +1y
ya im usin the woven,way easier lol,koo jus wanted to make sure
Page 1 of 1