Page 1 of 2
Yota Audio Video \  interior poll

interior poll

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 4374
replies 17
following 7

oldskewlyota   +1y
fiberglass or cloth...............i cant deside which to go with........how much is tweed?
Post was last edited on Aug 12, 2006 11:08. This post has been edited 1 times.
kdcgrohl   +1y
paint and suede is always nice. tweed is cool. Leather is very cool.
oldskewlyota   +1y
but lether is expensive aint it im building on a budget here.
kdcgrohl   +1y
sand the grain off all your interior pieces and have them painted w/ base/clear. get new carpet from stylin or somewhere and have the headliner, seats and door panels tweeded.
oldskewlyota   +1y
how do cover ur own seats has anyone done this before i dont even know where to start i know my dash is cracked to i may have to either repair it or get a new one. you think bondo will fill in on a dash i want to fill in the cracks then cover it.
kdcgrohl   +1y
painted plastic will look good. if its hard plastic, just get one outa the junk yard and sand it down. repaired plastic might crack after a few interior rattling drag sessions...
DO NOT BONDO OVER CRACKED PLASTICS. PLEASE.
oldskewlyota   +1y
it was just a question im gonna tweed the dash i think. but because its cracked i thought u might me able to fix it with bodo or fiber glass.
kdcgrohl   +1y
fiberglass perhaps. bondo really wont stand up tho. it'll crack like a bitch.
oldskewlyota   +1y
kewl thanx........anyone know how to do lether?
twisted minis   +1y
Painted dashes can cause glare, depending on the color, and make it hard to see when the sun hits them. I'd cover it. Tweed is cool. Vynil isnt too expensive either.

If you really want to try to cover the seats yourself, you can remove the cover, and carefully remove the sticking of the seams (There is a tool for this, get it at a sewing store, maybe Walmart) and cut out identical pieces of your new material. Now sew them back together they way they came apart, and you should have a nice upholstered seat. Its harder than it sounds, so you might want to try it on an extra seat or something first. With crappy materials.