threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota Audio Video \  fab sheet metal dash or fiberglass?

fab sheet metal dash or fiberglass?

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 1766
replies 6
following 2

cable   +1y
thread post photo

besides what you see here all I got is two bucket seats that I'm not even gonna use.my house burned down jan.21st 06.I had a lot of new parts and all of my interior in the house,so now what do I do?I'am either going to fab a sheet metal dash and console,or get a nice dash and fiberglass it,like the dash out of a lexus Is300 or something cool along those lines,gauges doesn't matter,I'm still gonna do the 350 small block swap.I think I would rather do the sheet metal dash.what do you guys think?whatever I figure out I'm gonna fiberglass the whole interior with leather bucket seats.any suggestions? ?????
twisted minis   +1y
Build a fiberglass dash.
cable   +1y
from a existing dash or from whatever the hell pops in my head?
cable   +1y
you know,I think that might be the way to go,or should I build some type of metal dash to get a foundation to build off of,I would like to have something removable in case I need to get behind the dash,with my fat ass hands it wouldn't be easy.
twisted minis   +1y
I've seen people make wood frames for fiberglass, this way you can staple fabric to the frame. To make it removable, I'd cover the flange at the windshield with duct tap, and glass over it, then drill holes when you're done. Same with the other stock mounts.
twisted minis   +1y
And I meant scratch built. Just whatever pops into your head.
cable   +1y
thanks man
Page 1 of 1