Page 1 of 2
Yota Audio Video \  89-95 Stereo Setups

89-95 Stereo Setups

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 3014
replies 14
following 5

3in2out   +1y
Ok, finally going to start planning out my stereo for the truck. I have a nice Pioneer head unit and 4" Alpine Type-S speakers in the factory dash locations. This simply wont cut it, I doubt Ill be able to hear it over the rockers draggin.

Are we able to run speakers in the doors? If so, what size are yall using? 5 1/4"? 6 1/2"? I'll probably have a stereo place install them since I dont feel up to cutting on the doors and running the wires to them.

As far as subs, what can we clear in a regular cab truck with a bench? Will a couple 10's fit? Any recommendations on subs and an amp to push them? I certainly dont need top of the line stuff, but want it to sound good.
onelowminitruckr   +1y
If you ever get to see psychopathicryda's truck you can see the door panels I made him I put a 6.6, 5.25, 4, and 3.5 in a pod. Really didnt cut all that much out of the door. Hardest part was drilling for the speaker wires.
3in2out   +1y

Oh yeah, dur..I forgot you told me you worked at a stereo place. Id ideally like to put 6.5's in the doors, 2 10's behind the bench and a amp to push the subs. Ill probably shop around for the components to try and find the best price, but will need an installer to do the work and probably build a box.
phatboislim   +1y
o yea if your 6' or taller might as well count the subs behind the bench as a dream and just do the 5.25 or 6.5 in the door
twisted minis   +1y
Yea, I'm kind of glad I have bucket seats. I'm 6'4" and I think I'll be putting subs in the center console. I have 5 1/4" JVCs for the doors.
johnny5   +1y
this is what mine looked like with 2 10's behind the seat
3in2out   +1y
Im about 5'9" so that shouldnt be a problem. I actually have the bench seat up one notch anyways.

If I cant fit (2) 10s, maybe (3) JL 8W6's..
3in2out   +1y

Assuming the seat isnt all the way back?
johnny5   +1y
no it was little more than half way back
3in2out   +1y

Hrmm wish I had my truck to sit in...seems a bit close though.

Maybe (3) JL 8W6's would be a better way to go. Any suggestions on an amp to push those? I know there is some decently cheap amps out there that put out pretty good power. I believe the max power for the 8w6 is 200 watts.