Page 4 of 6
Toyota Pickup Projects \  73 hilux project

73 hilux project

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 7018
replies 57
following 15

baha   +1y
Truck looks amazing man this is definitely my favorite Hilux! I really love the wheel color combination, are you going to keep it red?
burnzya   +1y
thanks baha, i'm planning on painting it that lexus pearl white color with some graphic on the sides, maybe some silver leafing. but that won't be for a long time lol.

here's some update pics..

cut up the bed, and started extending the lower front portion.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

did some work.... i'm planning on shaving the back cab wall, so i decided to see what was hiding behind the bondo on my passenger b pillar.. started repairing it today. i'm planning on having the cab and fenders in white paint for west coast nats.

this big crease really shows how messed up it is underneath..

thread post photo

i tried my stud gun, but the crease was way too tight.

thread post photo

so i cut the bad section out and and used a chromoly rod and a 6lb sledge to knock out the kink. then worked the body till it was pretty straight, and fabbed a patch. got it tacked in before i had to stop making noise

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

i've been planning this little mod for about a year now... decided to start it today since i was super bored.. lol

hard to see, but it's the 73 glass on top of a 84-88 glass

thread post photo

didn't take a before pic, so here is a reference pic of stock glass

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
burnzya   +1y
got the 2nd side cut and tacked back together.

thread post photo

and started filling the gaps in. it's a bitch forming all the metal to match the stock channel.. lol

thread post photo

thread post photo
cable   +1y
sweet man! work is looking top notch! love the extended front bed sides to!keep up the good work
1time   +1y

Your truck is looking fantastic!!!!!!!

What's the piece of flat bar used for that is tacked to the cab?
layedout72   +1y

guessings its a ground clamp.
burnzya   +1y

thanks! the flat bar is tacked on to keep the rear sheetmetal straight until all the welding and metal finishing is done. it had a pretty bad bow to it and i didn't want it to make my bed/cab gap look funny.
burnzya   +1y
I got all the fillers welded in.

thread post photo

and a guy on toyotaminis.com mentioned i should use these tails.. i want em but they are gunna be a bitch to find! 58 toyopet crown

thread post photo

started on the valance.. gotta add end caps to the valance and reshape both fenders. also going to cut a design into the valance and recess it in to match the grille i'm going to make.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
cable   +1y
wow....now it's getting interesting,nice progress bro!
burnzya   +1y
today i started making the fenders match the contour of the valance. this is as far as i got before i was baking in the sun.. lol

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo