Page 3 of 5
Toyota Pickup Projects \  89 Yota Project Back At It

89 Yota Project Back At It

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 5057
replies 44
following 13

sparage   +1y
Alright it's been a while since an update. Had the cab back off tubbed the firewall and got the bodywork 90% done on them. Dropped the front cab mounts a little more just to make it lay that much harder, i'll have to drop the core support/bumper mounts a little more but it pays off. Also raised the back half behind the axle and made bed mounts. Still no link or rear suspension. On with the pics!

Pic of the frame with motor/trans mock up. (no internals in motor)

thread post photo

From the front

thread post photo

What the tubs look like.

thread post photo

Cut transmission tunnel ready to raise or build a new one. Don't know yet.

thread post photo

Here's where I need some input. The head sets on the firewall. Should I drop the motor or ???

thread post photo

And I leave you with this for now.

thread post photo
2thpic   +1y
You got any tips or pics on bagging the front?
I need to know what all prep work i need to do before i get the brackets welded in.
I'm not welding a friend of mine is.
framescr8pintoy   +1y
yes drop the motor, its just a little bit more work for you to do, but where youre at right now its a lot easier to do since its not completely together.....and so you dont have to build an ugly cowl or bull nose looking hood.
baha   +1y
looking good man, nice progress!
sleepyspeed   +1y
Nice! Spa I'm hoping to get started on a 3/4 frame as well. The tranny tunnel is about all you had to cut on the floor isn't it? besides tubbing the firewall.
sparage   +1y

Yeah besides 2 small notches for the rails at the back of the cab, where its pinched together at the bottom. Not into the floor or anything.
sparage   +1y

Its hard to say as far as placement of the brackets depending on your tire/wheels size and a lot more. Just make sure to gusset them up. You'll have to cut into your frame if you plan on running anything bigger than a re6 or 2500 in the front.
2thpic   +1y
well over the week end i got to the 2nd stage in bagging the front.
all the crap is removed and metal is all cut out and ground down smooth.
im to the point of placment of the upper bracket and lower bracket.
i bought the s.d. front bag bracket kit.
The lower bag bracket seames to me needs to be raised up to clear the bolts that hold on the wheel hub.
well im going to make some templates today and see what comes of it.
layedout72   +1y
damn that was a long time ago. yes, i'm stock floored. i'm running 205/40/16's with drop spindles. that being said........a bigger wheel will natural get you more lift, or a least higher off the ground compared to a smaller wheel.
northerntoy   +1y
this is a nice project