Page 2 of 5
Toyota Pickup Projects \  89 Yota Project Back At It

89 Yota Project Back At It

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 5056
replies 44
following 13

sparage   +1y
Good eye there. It had hydros on it back in the day when i got it, just in the rear and only set on bump stops lol. Going air on this. My mazda is on juice. Haven't cut those off yet.
macdave06   +1y
Never really been into hydros, especially on a truck when theres not really a way to hide the cylinders. The lift is nice and all that it's just not really my thing. I suppose on a truck you have less to worry about if you get a leak and such, but I'd much rather have to fix an air leak than a hydraulic fluid leak. Does the mazda ride nice?
sparage   +1y
Front's not too bad the back is stiff. I'd like to put accumulators on it, but i;ve been dumping my money into the toyota lately. Got front bag brackets and 2 slam re6's on the way. Need some drop spindles.
macdave06   +1y
You kinda run into the same problem with bags though, unless you run a setup that uses real low pressure, theres just not enough weight. I've heard of people using accumulators but I've never ridden in anything with em. Just been in and around a couple buddies lowriders, trying to convince them to go with bags. Its kinda weird seein lowriders nowadays with bags though, I'm so used to seein hydros on em.
baha   +1y
Very nice you definitely know how to get things done!
sparage   +1y
Got the clutch master cylinder relocated. Thanks framescr8pintoy for the pics in your post.

thread post photo

Front bags and brackets came in over the weekend. I believe bagging the front is next on the agenda.
sparage   +1y
Finally got spindles and got the front bagged, just need to gusset the top brackets. Rolled it out today to get a visual.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

The top control arm hits the top bag bracket when aired up. I think i could get a little more lift. Should I get top arms or what do you guys do?
truck action   +1y
Yes!
layedout72   +1y
mine does the same thing, i hate it. ill buy arms when i can afford them. i get enough to turn lock to lock so im fine. I normally ride like 2 inches off the ground and i can turn enough for driving the town until i make a sharper turn.
sparage   +1y
Bump is yours bodied? What size wheel/tire?