Page 1 of 3
Toyota Pickup Projects \  84 Toyota single cab short bed

84 Toyota single cab short bed

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 5094
replies 22
following 7

nevadajh   +1y
My name is Jackson, Ive been poking around here for a while and thought that I would share my project that I recently acquired. It is an 84 Toyota single cab short bed SR5. I picked it up for $1000. I was amazed when I saw it because it was equipped with power steering, power windows, cruise tilt, factory sunroof, bucket seats, alloy wheels, and electric antenna. All this but no A/C?

Now that I have begun I bought 4wd fenders, 88-95 2wd front bumper/valance, a "new" bed (old one is for sale for you in my area Carson City NV), dropped spindles, 18 Lexus RX-330 rims (like Seth's old rims), LC Engineering intake, solid rear window, and next month I will be making the voyage to Cando for the upper and lower control arms, front bags and maybe more we'll see.

I have already began to prepare the truck for the front suspension by moving the battery, wiring, radiator overflow, and so on. Also to make more room I removed the power steering and cruise control. These are the only pics I have so far (remove from the Craigslist ad were I found it) and I will try to post more in the near future to show what Ive done.

Post was last edited on Oct 02, 2010 01:10. This post has been edited 3 times.
smctoy   +1y
Welcome to the site...nice project! Got some great ideas & be sure to keep us posted of your progress with plenty of pics!! Oh & if you have any trouble or questions then just ask...everyone on here are awesome people
& are always willing to help.
vegasyota94   +1y
welcome to the site man... carson city... far away from vegas lol....
nevadajh   +1y
Here are a few pics I took today not much to look at but it is a good solid base. I picked up this bed from Craigslist, the old owner bought the bed brand new to put on his truck then changed his mind and put a flat bed on his truck so this bed is completely dent free.

Here is a pick of the passenger side cut out awaiting its trip to Cando for some love to the suspension. I think I will still have to do some cutting near the fire wall and upper rail were the fender mounts but I will wait till later to see just how much. The tape is just for mock up, proper clips will be used once I am satisfied. Need to do some alignment work on the front valance also.

Same thing, different angle. You can see most of the wiring has been cleaned up and tucked away.

LC Engineering Intake, that I am going to have to modify to make room when I cut out the driver side inner fenders. I am also going to do a little more wire work in this area and try and clean things up a little more.

And the interior, not really going to mess with any of this till after everything else gets done so for now it will remain.
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
whoa nice find with the bed. cant wait to see how this turns out, 84 is my favorite year of 4x4 sheet metal!
nevadajh   +1y
Today I picked up a Billet Specialties radiator overflow tank (2in. dia. x 13in. length), and a billet battery hold down. I hope to have my new battery bracket welded in this weekend. It will be located closer to the radiator off of the core support.
onelowminitruckr   +1y
Looks good man, I have an 85 and just last week finally got the body on the ground.
nevadajh   +1y
I got a little more work done. Friday I finished my battery tray relocating the battery closer to the radiator, cut out the driver side inner fender well, and continued with the fun and exciting task of trying to clean up some wiring (which I still have plenty to do). I made new ground wires, power wires for the starter and the power distribution box which is now next to the head light. Still have to fold the pinch on the inner fender well and may have to do some more trimming after Cando does their magic on the front suspension.

nevadajh   +1y
Today I swapped all of the dash lights to LEDs. Changed all of the green covered speedo bulbs to blue LED.

I wont have much progress to report on till I get the front suspension done next month at Cando...
nevadajh   +1y
If anyone is interested in a good rust free strong running truck it me up. It is in the same state as in the pics above and will come with drop spindles, 2 RE6 bags, and some misc interior exterior parts. Also a spare hood and OEM 4x4 set of fenders. It has the 22re engine, power windows, tilt, LC engineering intake, optima battery with billet mount, and billet overflow reservoir for the radiator. Front fender wells have been removed, wiring relocated, and looks super clean. Ready for you to bag/bodydrop!!!

TRUCK IS NO LONGER FOR SALE!
Post was last edited on Jan 14, 2010 08:01. This post has been edited 1 times.