Page 3 of 8
Toyota Pickup Projects \  Sunset Joe's 85 Toyota

Sunset Joe's 85 Toyota

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 8100
replies 76
following 19

twisted minis   +1y
Ya I cut and flare it all myself. I have a little more than a grand in the tooling to do it.
macdave06   +1y
how thick can you go with those dimple dies? 1/8"?
twisted minis   +1y
I can do 1/8" chromoly and stainless, and 10 gauge mild steel. All of those are really pushing the limits of my press though. SO I try to stick with 1/8" for mild and 12 gauge for the rest as the thickest.
macdave06   +1y
I'm thinkin about maybe doin some dimples and sleeved holes when I do the frame on my f250. I might have to have you do some more stuff for me.
twisted minis   +1y
I can do 1/2" through 2 1/2" holes, and I have all the precision cutters to make a nice snug fit on the dies for clean straight dimples. Makes it nice.
macdave06   +1y
right on. well I'll get back to you on that when I get to that point
twisted minis   +1y
Finally got that cross member in and built some lower link bars.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
can you post more of a close up of the end of that link arm? They look BEEFY! how did you make the curve at the end it didnt look like there was any welding from a pie cut.
twisted minis   +1y
Ya I will take a better picture of the end tomorrow. What exactly do you want to see?

I got the upper wishbone done today.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
ustarin   +1y
might be a dumb question but on the wishbone that bushing on the crossmember, will it limit the up-down travel, being sideways like that? or is it a uniball or something?