project mighty simple

Max Projects
views 6448
replies 35
following 5

thebeaumartin   +1y
looks like a good job you guys are doing. keep up the work
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y
well i had some trouble in my personal life and the worst of it is over. i had my truck up for sale and stopped working on it and gave up on it..

now i am getting ready to go back at it and get on with the frame work....
just have to get a few things handled and then back to it....ill have some up dates asap
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y
its been a while but i have some updates coming guys. been super busy.

got my lower control arms from mike at dhp. those are about to be completed. Also working on taken care of the rest of the stuff i had to fix from the work that was performed by a so called friend.....

i straightend out a crossmemeber and welded up some more plates.
Still have so much to do...just to get the back done. A little reworking of the rear and then gonna finish up my link..still gotta order my super pivot..

gonna redo the entire set up in the rear.. pics coming fellas, hang in there....

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y
made some more progress and decided to stuff a sbc in this thing when it comes to that point...

recently i have been working on making my own upper control arm mounts. i have the basic design down and got the passenger side welded up and moving onto the drivers side. i still need to gusset and strengthen. then onto the bag plates and gussets. i have to reweld some of the pass. side still not happy with the looks of it.

i cut out the passenger side motor mount since they are no longer needed and will get to the drivers side tomorrow morning before work.

here are some pics of my work...this is my first time doing anything this in depth when it comes to building a truck. so far so good i think. let me know what you guys think.
good or bad...ok...different etc. please be honest..you wont hurt my feelings i promise.

plates i made
thread post photo

first of work..
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

basic mount minus gussets smooth finish and final plate size
thread post photo

this is a side view...and the little squiggly weld s just a filler to give me a better finish.... i have a lot of cleaning up, bracing, gusseting and misc. stuff to do still...
thread post photo

this is where i am at now as of this morning...
thread post photo

thread post photo
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y
Just to put it out there...I second pass or "cap" my welds. Its a natural habit. I learned to weld on pipe. So I carry it on through everything I feel is necessary. Which is alot. Hot pass then cap. Sometimes we did three passes ...depending on size pipe.
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y
bout to go to the garage and do some work..

todays list is:

-remove both motor mounts and clean up all areas...
-trim lower x-member for lca clearance
-plate/cap both sides flush with the frame
-weld inner and outer seams where frame and x-member come together.
-WILL MOST LIKELY PLATE THE INSIDE OF FRAME RAILS BUT NOT NOW... SINCE I AM DOING SBC IN THIS..
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y
gonna grab some pics today....i got the motor mounts off and cleaned up.... started on my drivers side uca mount. x-member will get done next... thanks for looking
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y
heres a few pics.. they are current as of today...

motor mounts off and cleaned up, drivers side uca mount started.

damn i have so much more work to do....

thanks for looking..

please comment, like, dis=like, leave feedback please. thanks

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
nate10   +1y
can you post a pic of the back of your truck from a side view to see your link set up thank you
baggedbmy93mazda   +1y

as of now i have no current link setup. i am redoing it once i get the front done.

here is a pic of the old...which was built by someone else...yes its ugly, crooked, and all kinds of other things.. thanks for looking

the guy made this link straight..but it had two diff. size bushings on each end...yeah a total moron.....
thread post photo