threads
Page 2 of 2
Max Interior \  rear speakers placement?

rear speakers placement?

Max Interior Max Tech
views 6338
replies 16
following 7

duganja   +1y
ok I finanlly got my truck back from the shop and after much time looking I have come to realize that my mighty max does not have the speaker wells that yours seems to have. =( so I now have 2 options buy new 4" speakers or cut holes to fit the 6.5" speakers that I already have. I think I might just wait and get the new speakers which makes me sad considering i wanted the bigger ones. but you tell me am I missing something?
qballd50   +1y
Some of these Trucks don't have a hole in the side for your 6.5s but some do!
duganja   +1y
ok thanks for all the help as soon as I get the extra cash flow I'm just gonna get the 4" speakers and place them in the vents at the bottom, my only concern is though that they will not fit. Do you no for sure whether or not 4" speakers will fit in those vents cause if not i don't want to go through the trouble of buying new ones, when I could just cut somes holes to make the 6.5" ones fit?
qballd50   +1y
I will try to see tonight if it is a 4" or not and will let you know!
qballd50   +1y
I Took The Cover Off and there is no spot to put a speaker its all Open, I think its there for Ventalation !
You Might be able to make some thing work, But check your out first before you going buying any thing!!
scotty d   +1y
Hey...Those are just vents that let the air flow outside the cab when you run your heater or air conditioning. Have you considered putting your 6.5's in the doors? They will fit perfectly with just some minor cutting to make the openings slightly bigger. I know this cuz I installed 6.5 components in my doors of my 1990 Mighty max. The holes are at the bottom front of the doors. Your 6.5's will sound better in the doors than anywhere behind the seat.
m0ta   +1y
where do u cut to put the speakers in the door?