Page 1 of 1
Ranger Suspension \  shock question

shock question

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 840
replies 4
following 3

down2earth   +1y
I have a 1994 splash 4 cylinder. I have the 3 inch drop i beams on the front and a set of 4 inch lowering leaf springs. I absolutely hate the leaf springs. it rides like total crap. Due to the thinner weaker springs i get terrible axle hop. any bump i hit is like 25 times worse. i installed a set of air shocks from oriely so i could pull a small trailor but now its just a daily driver no hauling. I need a set of shocks front and rear. Does anyone have any suggestion or part numbers or anything for what i need thanks
baha   +1y
Actually that could be experienced from bottoming out on the bump stop in the rear. Do you have any pics of your set up? If you have a 4inch drop out back, and a removed over load leaf in the leaf back it will bottom out and almost rest on the bump stop.

I've never seen a set of lowering leaf springs before who makes them?

Please post a picture of your set up, but for shocks Toxi Shocks is a good brand used by many lowered vehicles. Check out our vendor illusivefab.com I believe he sells them.
slammedxonair   +1y
I think Belltech makes the drop leafs, but I would just stick with stockers and run a $55 flip kit. As far as shocks go OEM replacement gas shocks ride pretty good but if you want a great drop shock I sell the Doetsch Nitro Slammers and DJM calmax shocks. Baha I do have to say Toxic shocks are probably the worst drop shocks out there lol the ride is just to harsh with them.
down2earth   +1y
I dont remember where i got the leaf spring at or whos makes them. i Ordered them the same time i ordered my i beams. I dont have any pictures right now of my set up but i will try to get on. i think its had an inch and a half or so before hitting the bump stop. i was going to take out the bump stop but didnt know how much damage it might do if i hit a bump hard enough to bottum out on frame. These roads in southern illinois aint the greatest. How much would a set of those drop shocks cost me.
slammedxonair   +1y
The Doetsch Nitro Slammers currently run $45.99 each plus shipping and are listed here the DJM shocks are a couple bux cheeper each but I have not had a chance to list them online yet.
Page 1 of 1