Page 1 of 1
Ranger Suspension \  Bolt in notch?

Bolt in notch?

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 1144
replies 2
following 3

wanna b lower   +1y
Im looking at doing a bolt in c-notch on my 93 ranger, its got a 3/5 drop and everytime i go over a bump my rear axle hits my frame bumpers.How hard is this to do? What all is involed? Also ive seem some spring loaded bumpers, do these work to take away my problem? If so where can i get them? Thanks for any input.
jetmodifydranger   +1y
Bolt in notches arent that hard to do. Just if you have access to a welder it would be much better to build a small notch. My notch on my Ranger is made of 2x2 thick walled squared tubing. Its been beyond strong enough so far so I wouldnt see why you couldnt just get some 2x2 and make a notch small enough to fit inside the framerail and weld it in. Then all youll need is a sawzall to cut out the part youre notching. I just dont have much faith in any of the bolt in notches compared to just making a small notch yourself.
speedster93b   +1y
i'm not one for bolt on anything, but they sell them so they must work... you can take a bolt in notch and weld it in... use the bolt holes as plug welds and weld up the sides too. that'd be strong. if you just want a small notch, you can take a piece of like 4"IDtubing, like 1/4" wall and cut it in half and trace it out on your frame and cut that part out, and weld it in right above the axle. just be sure you don't go more than half the vertical distance of the frame, it'll jeopardise your structural integrity at that point.
you should box your frame 8" in front and behind your notch too.
Page 1 of 1