Ranger Suspension \  Ranger camber solution

Ranger camber solution

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 1848
replies 7
following 5

msturg   +1y
I knew I would get your attention.

Alright guys, I'm doing my senior year for Mechanical Engineering Technology at the University of Cincinnati. I've decided that I'm going to make something that will give a better solution to our problem than just some new eccentrics. My senior design is based on the 98 and up 2wd rangers.

Essentially to figure out what you guys are looking for I need people to take this survey.

Please only take the survey if you have a vehicle meeting the criteria, and/or have worked on one.

Here's the link to the survey:

Just to let you know, once you hit the submit button it will take you to a blank page.
Post was last edited on Oct 28, 2006 12:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
bodydropped85   +1y
fix the link... again
msturg   +1y
presto chango
scrp1day   +1y
done! man i hope you can do something about this. i would kill to run straight like the dimes do
spngr311   +1y
Yeah, I'd like to be able to have a nice alignment.
scrp1day   +1y
no more highway wobble please!
dranged1   +1y
done, to hear something.
msturg   +1y
Thanks guys for taking it. I can garauntee you that I design and make something that will at least help with our camber problems. I probably won't have it made until april or march though. The reason I can garauntee this is that we have to design AND build our senior design or we don't graduate.

I've got a thousand ideas running through my mind. I know james mentioned running a yota spindle or a mustang spindle. I like this idea because of the brake upgrades available. However I'm worried about the fact that you would lose a lot of lift capabilities since the upper control arm would be set down so much lower when laid out, it wouldn't have much travel before bottoming out on the frame.

My other idea was to design a drop spindle and work with a company like djm or belltech to get it made. the thing I don't like about this is that it only gives you roughly 3 degrees of correction, this would change depending on wheel and tire size though.

My more recent idea is to possibly move the lower control arm mounts towards the fenders, and the upper control arm mounts towards the motor, pivoting them about the tie rod joint. This would keep the suspension dynamics the same while giving less camber since the control arms are more equal length.

Let me know your guys opinions on my ideas. I'd be interested to hear your takes on them.
Page 1 of 1