threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Suspension \  ok this is dumb but...

ok this is dumb but...

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 2857
replies 11
following 7

stylinranger   +1y
if you do a cut floor body drop on 98+ do you still have to z the frame
snooptodd   +1y
I'm pretty sure that you do. You have to lower the core support so the fenders and radiator will drop down the same amount as the bodydrop.
scrp1day   +1y
yes i have seen it without a z first and it is seriously all fucked up! z first to leave headaches out later.
dirty   +1y
you could but you would end up having the front of the truck bd'd like 6inches for it to be level. just do the z and then do the bd.
96rangerxlt   +1y
zing the frame is different than dropping the front of the framerails. any truck that is bd has to drop the front framerails as much as the bd is so that the coresupport, bumper brackets, radiator, etc. are in the right place.

zing the frame is where you raise the front whole front frame from the firewall forward. this is needed on trucks where the engine cradle hangs very low. if you z your truck, whenever you get ready to drop the front frame horns by the core support, you will have to lower them the amount of the bd + the amount of the z
bodydropped85   +1y

but what u didnt say is that you have to still "move" the core support mounts "down"(as in you leave them in place, moving the frame rails by the suspension up)
96rangerxlt   +1y
correct. that is what i was trying to say
96rangerxlt   +1y
or else if you are far enough into, just build new all new rails and a core support so it lines up however you want to like we are doing on the jeep and my ranger
scrp1day   +1y
speaking f the jeep any new pics? maybe those would help him? and not make me look like a total thread jacker!
msturg   +1y
Nobody that I know of has done a traditional bd on ranger that has a z'd frame. I believe there are only 3 maybe 4 rangers that have a z'd frame, correct me if I'm wrong.

So what I'm saying is, that if you have seen a traditional bd'd 98+ ranger, there is a DAMN good chance that it's not z'd. Also it wouldn't be 6" more like 4.5"