Page 1 of 2
Ranger Suspension \  Z my frame

Z my frame

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 2279
replies 10
following 6

ministunter   +1y
I have a 95 ranger xlt and october my truck goes into my shop and its gettin bagged and BD by than il lahve moeny to do it all, My boss idea to BD i was goin to do a traditional, Well my friend that has the bagged and bd truck siad to lay frame in the front its a must that ihave to Z my frame (kinda dont want to ) Is this true or is this just another guy talkin ut of his ass
baha   +1y
He may have thought you had a 98+ Ranger, those require a Z. 97 and earlier you can lay frame without the Z. Good luck let's see some pics!
msturg   +1y
what he said is more than correct. I had to z mine to make it lay like a pre 98. pre 98's lay flat, the engine crossmember doesn't hand down 2.5 inches below the frame.
bodydropped85   +1y
actually you are wrong, the engine xmember will hold you up from layin, i would just trim a lil off the bottom.
msturg   +1y
the pre 98's don't lay flat without trimming the engine crossmember? I thought they did, oh well. How much lower do they hang?
dirty   +1y
it aint to much lower
a couple of decent drags on it takes care of the problem. or at least thats what i did
snooptodd   +1y
I didn't do anything to my engine x-member and mine lays, it's a '93
snooptodd   +1y
are the x-members different depending on motor?
bodydropped85   +1y
about an inch. when we put gumps frame on the ground w/ no ibeams the engine crossemmber held it up by an inch or so. BUT the bottom of the frame drops down for the trany and its the same height as the engine xembmer so thats y they lay level...
baha   +1y
so are you saying you would want it to lay with a raked stance? looks better level IMO

Josh's 89 laid frame also.