threads
Page 1 of 1
Ranger Suspension \  i-bema x-member problems...

i-bema x-member problems...

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 1964
replies 8
following 6

nevr2los10   +1y
Hey guys finally got around to installing my new x-member from suicidedoors since mine is about to be drug all the way thru Im new to the i-beam thing so im still learnin about them and I may just be doin something wrong here but...my problem is that it does not line up at all..when i Adjust the arms out to go thru it it seams they are at an exreme angle inward..also it hits the exhaust on the pass side which I believe is stock..when I compared length of my new x-member to the factory one the new one is quite a big longer..did I get the wrong one or was is cut to long by chance? if anyone has pics of this thing installed id really appreciate it

thanks in advance
draginassranger   +1y
i have some pics on my web page ( ). SD x-members holes never line up from my understabding, mine didn't. it will move you radius arms up higher. i have a 3.0 in my truck and the x-memebr hit my exhaust also. the most common solution to that problem ais to just simply cut off the piece of pipe that connects tohe 2 mounts and just mount it with out the pipe.
drgitfgt   +1y
I've got the old school SD radius arm relocators that don't have the pipe connected to them...it works all the same, but allows more body roll
bodydropped85   +1y

SD should just stick to s10 parts...
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
mine didnt weem to line up weel but i cut the bar off cuz i knew it would hit my exhaust manifolds where they connect to the cats and then welded em up in place
nevr2los10   +1y
I may be wrong here but without that bar across between the frame rails doesnt it take away from the stability of it? I mean doenst it work as a crossmember not only for the lower arms to go thru but also to reinforce the frame rails
draginassranger   +1y
yes, but you have that giant motor x-member like 2 foot in front of it. not only that, your body is tying both frames together along with your tranny x-member (which isn't much). older i-beam f-150 come from the factory with out that whole x-member. they just have the mounts riveted to the frame rails.
nevr2los10   +1y
good point..thanks man I appreciatethe help..imgonna get the trannie back in tonite andhopefully back on the road and draggin before havoc
dirty   +1y
i would just cut the bar loose and then put it up there. i wish i wouldve done that instead of shipping it back and then finding someone elses to use
Page 1 of 1