threads
Page 1 of 1
Ranger Suspension \  spindle question...

spindle question...

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 1411
replies 7
following 3

layinlow95   +1y
Ok, i got my girlfriend to go and pick up my spindles from the junk yard i got my 99 front crossmember from... Well i got a 99 spindle for a ranger and a 99 spindle for a mazda. Are there any differences in them? or will it work. They dont really look any different accept where they bolt on to the upper control arm... the blot hole on the mazda is opposite of the ranger.(one bolt is on the outside and the other is the inside) Just wanted to ask before i used it, and find out it doesnt work. LMK

thanks
justin

Here are some pics... yes the mazdas rotor is bigger...
Both Spindles..
thread post photo

Mazda Spindle...
thread post photo

Ranger Spindle..
thread post photo
bodydropped85   +1y
to me it looks like the mazda spinle is off of a 2wd dual sport mazda, aka edge. to me it looks like one is off of a later model since it has the bigger brakes AND abs.measure ball joint to balljoint hole on each spindle and see if were the rotor mounts on is in same location.
scrp1day   +1y
it looks like they are for differnet sides? im not sure if thats on purpose? are you replacing both? aside from being opposite sides they look to have the same bolting pattern
layinlow95   +1y
well im not replacing them... i just got them cuz i didnt have a 99 ranger. I have a 95 and im swaping to a-arms. so i need then spindles... but like i said i got one from a ranger and the other is a mazda. Also if they are the same distance from ball joint to ball joint... can i get new rotors and bearing and they work on both sides? or should i take it back and get another ranger one?
scrp1day   +1y
just for ease of install i would say go get the other ranger one. im lazy!
layinlow95   +1y
yeah i am... i went out and measured it from ball joint to ball joint and the mazdas spindle is taller... by like 1/2" so it will be going back and ill get another ranger one!
scrp1day   +1y
werd keep us updated on everything!
bodydropped85   +1y
i knew my eyes werent decieving me
Page 1 of 1