Page 1 of 2
Ranger Suspension \  4 link?'s

4 link?'s

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 2949
replies 13
following 4

stylinranger   +1y
1 is it better to mount bottom bars on inside frame rails r outside.
2 i have sd super lift on the upper mount do u have to cut the top bracket so the bag will be centered.
3 do the bottom bars first then uppers so u can set pinoin angle right.
i think thats it
thanx in advance
96rangerxlt   +1y
I seriously doubt you will be able to fit the lower bars inside the frame rails. There just isn't enough room. When you setup the lower bars, make sure you have a wheel and tire on the truck so you can check for clearance. It is best that the bag be centered on the bar. For a 2 link the bar can be offset, but for a 4 link it needs to be centered or as close to centered as possible. If it isn't it will twist the bar and make the bushings wear prematurely, and if it twists bad enough the bar could eventually break. You might run ito clearance problems if running 20's on the back. My truck has 20's and the bag mounted on the bar. With the bar placed far enough in to have plenty of tire clearance, there is only enough room to mount a 2500 bag centered on the bar. There is almost no way I could squeeze in a 2600. Also, make sure you don't mount the bag too far forward on the bar. Ideal placement is to find the center of the bar, and then measure 2 more inches forward towards the cab. That is where the center of the bag needs to be. If it is much further forward than that the truck will take ALOT of air to lift up and the ride will be very spongy and soft.
96rangerxlt   +1y
oh yeah, and make sure you run it as a forward facing 4 link. Do NOT run a a reverse 4 link or run 2 bars forward and 2 bars backwards.
stylinranger   +1y
ok one more thing on the top bag mounts do the need to be mounted level r sltanted
exploitedcustoms.com   +1y
Your upper and lower bars should be parrellel to each other.
stylinranger   +1y
im talkin about the top bag mount
exploitedcustoms.com   +1y
oops would help if I would read the question.

I always mount them level
stylinranger   +1y
anyone have 2600 with bag on bar im runing 18's u htink this can be done and use stock hanger
96rangerxlt   +1y
nope. never going to work. the stock hanger sits too close in to the frame. the 4 link bar might fit there, but it will be too close to the frame to mount even a 2500 bag. James uses his stock hangers in the front b/c he is running a 2 link, so he can mount the bag off center on the bar. You can't mount a bag off center on a 4 link bar. It WILL twist the bar and wear out the bushings prematurely. I just used some 2x3 1/4"wall tubing and two long tabs and built my own front 4 link mounts for my lower bars. It is pretty simple to do.
wht01ranger   +1y
^ ya try your best to keep the bag centered on a bar with 2bushing ends or what not. 2link has 1 fixed side, and especially if you run a welded in trac bar across the 2 bars, the bars will not twist...w/o the tracbar there is iffy, but will work. puts all the strain on one side of the u-bolt pair.